• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Edit video color hue in VideoWave 8

pjordan104

Question

In Videowave 7.5, I could right-click on a piece of video in the timeline view and get a dialog that would allow adjustment of brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. Videowave 8 only has sliders at the top of the preview panel for brightness, contrast and saturation. I'm compiling video transfers of very old home movies and I want to correct the pink cast of the old film.

10 answers to this question

I believe that there is a color adjustment that you can use when you are importing (capturing video). That is available in all but the essentials version.

Hang in there with 8.5. I felt the same way at first. Turning off my internet connection and virus control made mine run much smoother. Just don't forget to turn the virus protection back on before you reconnect. Defragging does help, also.

If I remember correctly, additional color adjustments are only available in the Deluxe version. The Deluxe version has additional RGB color control.

Thank you for answering so quickly.

Are you referring to the Videowave 8 for 49.95 on the website? I can't tell from the ad on the website whether it has this feature. Does someone have Deluxe to check if it does?

As far as I know, there is only one version that has all features enabled - Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite. That is the version I have and yes, it does have the RGB correction controls.

I'm not familiar with all the other versions like the single packages:

MyDVD Essentials and Premium

Videowave 8

There is also an EMC8 Essentials, but it is very limited in features.

As far as I know, there is only one version that has all features enabled - Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite. That is the version I have and yes, it does have the RGB correction controls.

Videowave 8

I'm going back to 7.5. I'm disgusted by this merchandising confusion. I wouldn't recommend Roxio to anyone at this point.

I believe that there is a color adjustment that you can use when you are importing (capturing video). That is available in all but the essentials version.

I'm going back to 7.5. I'm disgusted by this merchandising confusion. I wouldn't recommend Roxio to anyone at this point.

Guest ivanatrox

right next to Saturation, there is an icon for More Settings... click on that and you will options to adjust Red, Green and Blue... EMC 8 Suite has it... MyDVD 8 Premier has it... Videowave 8 has it... If it is $80, that feature is in there... can't be helped if the user can't see it... :)

[/quote

Thanks for your help. It's not in my version that I bought for $80. I gues this was Essentials. I'm going back to 7..5. I don't need the HD capability. When I do, or 7.5 isn't supportedl, I'm going to another brand.

Videowave 8

Since you have EMC8 Deluxe Suite, perhaps you can answer a question. I have the standard version with VideoWave which gives you brightness and contrast sliders, however these effects can only be implemented for 20 seconds and then stop. There is no way to extend it for a longer period, which you can do in the video effects tools. Is there a tool in EMC8 Deluxe that will let me brighten a 2 minute or longer video? Otherwise, I don't want to buy the Deluxe version.

Archived