• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

For those of you who have done this..

akfoster

Question

I am wanting to combine slideshows with video on a single dvd. I have done both seperatly with great results with MyDVD but have just recently started playing with Videowave.

Have any of you Gurus done a project like this? And which program did you use?

And any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Yes, easily done and several different ways depending on the finally results that you want.

Using Videowave, you can create a continuous video that includes stills and video. You can insert a still here and there or you can use the Slideshow Wizard to create a complete slideshow. You can then add video after the slideshow or move thigns around later if you decide you want the video first.

MyDVD is for creating the DVD disc (DVD authoring). You can add a video that creates a thumbnail. You can use the Slideshow Wizard and that will create a thumbnail for the slideshow. So if you would rather keep the video and slideshow separately, then MyDVD is fine.

post-49-1146839540.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the quick response!

I have been leaning to Videowave to do the project because it seems more versatile from what I have seen.

I am probably going to do projects that will do both. The first one I want to imbed video in the slideshow. I am also hopeing that the menu structure becomes less complicated. I did a photo album, divided into years where the menus became completely unruly. I think I saw somewhere on the board that one can use Videowave thru MyDvd and create "chapters" under a menu. AND! from one of your posts I learned how to make a Play All button!

This board is a wealth of information that I cant afford to be without.

Thanks to all of you!

Like posted earlier, just depends on what you want for the finally outcome. For instance, the top example is a Videowave project. To create the disc, you open MyDVD and add that project. You will have one thumbnail that plays the entire movie - slideshow and video.

If you want the option to few separately, then follow my suggestion on Play All and Select Scenes buttons. This makes navigation easy and gives the viewer a choice.

99% of the time, I start with Videowave.

Archived