Emergency! Cannot Write Master / Volume / Disc. Faulty Sound?

Sonic

Question

Gentlemen,

I REALLY need your help. Following the suggestion in this thread I decided to use AC3 files instead of surround WAVEs. They

were encoded using Compressor 2.0 on a Mac. DVDIt imports all files without any problems, whenever I try to write to a BD-RE (or volume) the program stops at the the following stage: "Adding assets to DB".

This seems to be a known issue related to a faulty asset. As soon as I remove all sound tracks, the burning process works fine. But, and here comes the big 'BUT':

The AC3 files I am using (and are now causing problems?) worked before. I was able to burn a BR and write to a volume without any problems. After reading some comments in the forums, I thought a clustered file may cause this mess. So I copied all assets onto a new hard disk, also making sure to remove all files that DVDIt created.

Well, to sum it up: It just does not work.

No sound -> Volume and BD-RE can be written

Sound -> Burn process fails at "Adding assets to DB"

Given the fact that the disc is going to contain a full concert video, it would be quite

helpful if the final version contained some sound ... :o

My deadline is approaching and I cannot write a master or even a preview BR.

Panic starts to grow ... :wacko:

What could I do / try? What's the maximum supported bit rate for AC3 files? Would a

640 kbps stereo AC3 file work?

1 answer to this question

Gentlemen,

I REALLY need your help. Following the suggestion in this thread I decided to use AC3 files instead of surround WAVEs. They

were encoded using Compressor 2.0 on a Mac. DVDIt imports all files without any problems, whenever I try to write to a BD-RE (or volume) the program stops at the the following stage: "Adding assets to DB".

This seems to be a known issue related to a faulty asset. As soon as I remove all sound tracks, the burning process works fine. But, and here comes the big 'BUT':

The AC3 files I am using (and are now causing problems?) worked before. I was able to burn a BR and write to a volume without any problems. After reading some comments in the forums, I thought a clustered file may cause this mess. So I copied all assets onto a new hard disk, also making sure to remove all files that DVDIt created.

Well, to sum it up: It just does not work.

No sound -> Volume and BD-RE can be written

Sound -> Burn process fails at "Adding assets to DB"

Given the fact that the disc is going to contain a full concert video, it would be quite

helpful if the final version contained some sound ... :o

My deadline is approaching and I cannot write a master or even a preview BR.

Panic starts to grow ... :wacko:

What could I do / try? What's the maximum supported bit rate for AC3 files? Would a

640 kbps stereo AC3 file work?

A couple of ideas...

- try to lower the bitrate

- and something that goes against what I preach, try a program stream and let dvdit demux it.