• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JFraser1

Streamer Doesn't See Any Imported Video Files!

Question

No matter what kind of video file I import (iPhone movie, etc.), regardless of whether or not that Roxio converts it for streaming first, my Streamer just doesn't see them. I verified that my Streamer is pointing to the correct directory. I even tried changing the directory and re-importing the files several times. I repaired disk permissions several times. I fully uninstalled/reinstalled Toast 10 several times (with AppZapper and by manually deleting any other files associated with the program [as explained by Roxio's support website]). I even reset Spotlight to make sure that it's properly indexing all of the files on my hard drive, but still I can't find a single resolution to either of these 2 proceeding problems:

1) The Streamer isn't seeing any of the video files that are imported into it, not even from its local window {MY PRIMARY CONCERN}

2) I can't continue to use any preceding usernames for my personal URL that I just created a couple of days ago.

Any advice outside of methods that I already employed would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

9 answers to this question

I am having the same problem, and I noticed that yours is dated in July with no response. did you ever get problem solved?

I am having the same problem, and I noticed that yours is dated in July with no response. did you ever get problem solved?

No. That's the day that I joined the Roxio Community.

1) The Streamer isn't seeing any of the video files that are imported into it, not even from its local window {MY PRIMARY CONCERN}

It's very likely that your video files are being sent to the previous saved location which is why you are not seeing them. Toast doesn't seem to always recognize the streamer changes until it has been quit and restarted. In toast when you choose to convert to the streamer format, just under the "Save To" menu you will see the Streamer video folder location. Make sure that streamer and toast share the same folder location.

If you have changed your folder from the default location in the Documents folder point back to it and you should see your videos.

2) I can't continue to use any preceding usernames for my personal URL that I just created a couple of days ago.

If your streamer preferences have been cleaned out then you will have to create a new user name. Changing the user name will not affect your video files (unless you have changed the location of your streamer videos folder).

Edited by benndogg

It's very likely that your video files are being sent to the previous saved location which is why you are not seeing them. Toast doesn't seem to always recognize the streamer changes until it has been quit and restarted. In toast when you choose to convert to the streamer format, just under the "Save To" menu you will see the Streamer video folder location. Make sure that streamer and toast share the same folder location.

If you have changed your folder from the default location in the Documents folder point back to it and you should see your videos.

If your streamer preferences have been cleaned out then you will have to create a new user name. Changing the user name will not affect your video files (unless you have changed the location of your streamer videos folder).

1)I already verified that both Toast, and it's accompanied Streamer, are both pointing to the same folder where all of my movies are indeed stored: '/Movies/Streamed Videos'. Now, I realized that when I reconvert the iPhone-ready movies (by iPhone-ready I mean that they've already been syncing/working between iTunes and my iPhone) manually with Roxio's Converter that then they are seen locally, and streamed remotely through the Streamer program, but oddly enough, when I import them directly into the Streamer they don't require/launch Roxio Converter since they recognize them as being Streamer-Ready, yet they still don't stream under that circumstance. Now, when I import non iPhone-Ready movies, they do in fact activate Roxio's Converter and all is well, but if my iPhone formatted movies also require re-converting by Toast, then why when I import them directly into the Streamer does it not redirect them first to Toast's Converter like it does to all my other movies that don't work without the additional conversions?

2)Is there any way to restore those older, more preferable, usernames that were only utilized on my current mac that I no longer have access to that I know no one else is using since their URLs don't prompt for even a password?

Edited by JFraser1

:angry2: :angry2:

No matter what kind of video file I import (iPhone movie, etc.), regardless of whether or not that Roxio converts it for streaming first, my Streamer just doesn't see them. I verified that my Streamer is pointing to the correct directory. I even tried changing the directory and re-importing the files several times. I repaired disk permissions several times. I fully uninstalled/reinstalled Toast 10 several times (with AppZapper and by manually deleting any other files associated with the program [as explained by Roxio's support website]). I even reset Spotlight to make sure that it's properly indexing all of the files on my hard drive, but still I can't find a single resolution to either of these 2 proceeding problems:

Any advice outside of methods that I already employed would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

:angry: I, too, am having this problem. I just opened Streamer on my MacBook and thought I was dragging a video to it. The video has already been formatted for my iPhone. Nothing shows up. You can't click on preview as stated in Streamer help manual. I went to the location where the video is to be stored and it is there. I tried adding another one and same thing. I downloaded the streamer app, turned on wifi, connected but nothing is there. What does one have to do to make this program work? By the way, I do have Toast 10 and have even downloaded and installed the update.

:angry2: :angry2:

:angry: I, too, am having this problem. I just opened Streamer on my MacBook and thought I was dragging a video to it. The video has already been formatted for my iPhone. Nothing shows up. You can't click on preview as stated in Streamer help manual. I went to the location where the video is to be stored and it is there. I tried adding another one and same thing. I downloaded the streamer app, turned on wifi, connected but nothing is there. What does one have to do to make this program work? By the way, I do have Toast 10 and have even downloaded and installed the update.

If the video is not formatted for Streamer (even if it is formatted for iPhone) it won't appear until after it gets re-encoded. Here is where the Streamer specs are described.

If you used Toast's Convert window to create the file for Streamer then of course it meets Streamer's specs and should appear.

In toast the standard iphone resolution is 480x360 and the custom setting is 640x480 by default. From the Streamer app i choose Add Video from the File menu which launches toast to Export the said iphone video resolution video successfully. From Toast i choose the Convert format and select Streamer from the Player Setup devices list. The end result is that i am able to see and play the videos in the iphone browser. I don't seem to be able to replicate your issue. How exactly are you importing your files into Streamer if other than the two ways i've mentioned? What is the file type and size of your video?

As for using your old preferable URL names attempt to register the name you want. If the name fails to register streamer will offer that name with an appended character (usually a number at the end of the name). example -NAME is not available would you like to try NAME0.

Edited by benndogg

Thanks. Your directions helped. I have it now and it works. Just needed to convert the video in Toast. Wasn't doing that step.