VideoWave 8 - Multiple Scenes from Single File?

brodeck

Question

This is a question of technique in blending two video source files into a single movie.

The two videos depict a certain event from two different sources, so I'm doing a scene from one, then the other, then the next scene from the first, etc.

Do I want to make enough copies of a source file so that each added video scene comes from a separate file? Or, do I keep adding video scenes from the same (single) file? In that case, I adjust the beginning and end times.

Thanks,

Brian

2 answers to this question

This is a question of technique in blending two video source files into a single movie.

The two videos depict a certain event from two different sources, so I'm doing a scene from one, then the other, then the next scene from the first, etc.

Do I want to make enough copies of a source file so that each added video scene comes from a separate file? Or, do I keep adding video scenes from the same (single) file? In that case, I adjust the beginning and end times.

Thanks,

Brian

I would use VideoWave for this. Assume you have two lengthy clips, Vid1 and Vid2.

Load Vid1 and cut it at the beginning and end of the portion you want. Delete the rest.

Load Vid2 and cut it at the beginning and end of the portion you want. Delete the rest.

Load Vid1 and cut it at the beginning and end of the next portion you want. Delete the rest.

Load Vid2 and cut it at the beginning and end of the next portion you want. Delete the rest.

You get the idea by now…

Save the Project, Projectname.dmsm.

Start MyDVD and add the VW project as a Movie.

This way your original clips are never altered in any way but you are getting the results you want with a minimum of time spent.

Now this assumed you wanted all the clips under one Title. You can do the same making multiple VW Projects to be used as individual Titles.

Likewise, you can create cut points in VW for multiple clips and drag them to the position you desire without all the load/delete/reloads. But that can get a little confusing so you may want to stick with the one at a time method.

I would use VideoWave for this. Assume you have two lengthy clips, Vid1 and Vid2.

Load Vid1 and cut it at the beginning and end of the portion you want. Delete the rest.

Load Vid2 and cut it at the beginning and end of the portion you want. Delete the rest.

Load Vid1 and cut it at the beginning and end of the next portion you want. Delete the rest.

Load Vid2 and cut it at the beginning and end of the next portion you want. Delete the rest.

You get the idea by now…

Save the Project, Projectname.dmsm.

Start MyDVD and add the VW project as a Movie.

This way your original clips are never altered in any way but you are getting the results you want with a minimum of time spent.

Thanks James.

Two "What did you mean by..." questions.

When I adjust the duration of a movie I add to VW8, I presume it's the same as cutting at the beginning and end. I then close the Adjust window. Does this delete the rest, or is that a separate operation?

You advocate saving the project, closing VW8, and then re-opening the project in MyDVD. I have so far used File | Send to MyDVD in VW8. Is this perhaps less stable?

Thanks,

Brian

Now this assumed you wanted all the clips under one Title. You can do the same making multiple VW Projects to be used as individual Titles.

Likewise, you can create cut points in VW for multiple clips and drag them to the position you desire without all the load/delete/reloads. But that can get a little confusing so you may want to stick with the one at a time method.

Archived