• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Twomoons

80040154 Error While  Encoding Movie

Question

I get this error (80040154 Error while  Encoding Movie) every time I attempt to render my video file. I've installed the latest nvidia driver for my nvidia card and installed the latest directX update but it still fails. I'm running EMC9.1 Does anyone know what causes this error?

6 answers to this question

I get this error (80040154 Error while  Encoding Movie) every time I attempt to render my video file. I've installed the latest nvidia driver for my nvidia card and installed the latest directX update but it still fails. I'm running EMC9.1 Does anyone know what causes this error?

Switch to Software render. In MyDVD, got Tools/Options, and make the switch. EMC9 and NVidia video cards didn't play nicely together, for some reason.

When I had my NVidia card, it worked great with Software render.

No, the problem from 2007 was never resolved. I haven't been trying to burn any edited video since then. I have burned DVDs directly from un-edited video that was captured using MS Win Movie maker with no problem. My son had about 25 digital video tapes that I converted to DVD.

I don't remember what error code I was getting a couple of years ago.

My computer is one I assembled. It should be capable enough with ASUS P5B motherboard 2.8Ghz dual core processor, 2 gig ram, 500gig HD w/100gig available space,Win XP Pro OS, 512 meg nvidia video card.

Is there a reference somewhere that I may read that specifically lists the Roxio error codes and their related causes?

I don't think that reference at CDR-ZONE.COM applies the this Roxio problem because it refers to the CD/DVD drive and I'm simply trying to create a video file, and am not writing to a DVD when it occurs.

Roxio couldn't, wouldn't, whatever provide me with any answers 2 years ago when I was having a similar problem and now their support says that this is a legacy product and they don't support(ha! HA!) it any more.