VideoWave - Importing a DVD home made movie

k6ugs

Question

Converted a home made movie on a DVD to an .avi file using VideoWave8. Then imported the movie clips into VideoWave8. Only the very first clip appears with anything in it. All other clips are blanc, although the entire movie is represented by that one clip. There is no way to edit any of the clips in the movie. The help file isn't very useful in explaining what is happening.

I used another video program (primitive), where all the clips show up as expected, however the editing is a nightmare, hence I'm trying to do it in Videowave8.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to have all of the clips in the movie appear in VideoWave so that I can edit them? This has been frustrating.

What in essence I'm trying to do is add titles and dates, since these picture were taken back in the 60s with an old 8 mm camera and just recently transfered the film to DVD. The film started losing some of it's coloring.

Thanks a bunch,

Vern

3 answers to this question

Thanks to Walt and Bruce for their speedy reply regarding my original problem getting a home movie to show up in Videowave.

I finally figured out what I did wrong. When importing my home movie, it was saved as an .avi file. Then when I went to import the .avi file, I clicked on the entire file name of the movie, rather than the individual chapters.

Have everything running fine for now. Thanks again to both of you.

Vern

Converted a home made movie on a DVD to an .avi file using VideoWave8. Then imported the movie clips into VideoWave8. Only the very first clip appears with anything in it. All other clips are blanc, although the entire movie is represented by that one clip. There is no way to edit any of the clips in the movie. The help file isn't very useful in explaining what is happening.

I used another video program (primitive), where all the clips show up as expected, however the editing is a nightmare, hence I'm trying to do it in Videowave8.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to have all of the clips in the movie appear in VideoWave so that I can edit them? This has been frustrating.

What in essence I'm trying to do is add titles and dates, since these picture were taken back in the 60s with an old 8 mm camera and just recently transfered the film to DVD. The film started losing some of it's coloring.

Thanks a bunch,

Vern

I have to question how you did what you did in the first sentence of your post. How?

Thanks a bunch,

Vern

If you converted your DVD to a single avi file and then imported that file into Videowave then you can only have one clip. I don't understand what you mean by "all other clips are blank". Your complete movie is in that one clip and can be edited with the timeline editor

Archived