Slideshow Photo Quality

EJN

Question

In Nov I created a slideshow using VideoWave (2009) and the output was wonderful. I am now trying to create another slideshow using the same photos as the 11/08 version, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to match the quality. I've tried saving MPEG for DVD, AVI, etc., and nothing comes close. The November *.wmv slideshow was 1280 X 720. I need to be able to play this within Windows Media Player.

It's sad when I use the slideshow feature so infrequently, and can't remember what I did when I got it right!

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by EJN

5 answers to this question

In Nov I created a slideshow using VideoWave (2009) and the output was wonderful. I am now trying to create another slideshow using the same photos as the 11/08 version, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to match the quality. I've tried saving MPEG for DVD, AVI, etc., and nothing comes close. The November *.wmv slideshow was 1280 X 720. I need to be able to play this within Windows Media Player.

It's sad when I use the slideshow feature so infrequently, and can't remember what I did when I got it right!

Thanks,

Ed

Perhaps you mis-remembered. The program does not have an output to a WMV file to that resolution. Did you use Video Wave or a Slide Show Assistant?

post-58-1237226537.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I have literally spent all day, and certainly if I used the Slideshow Assistant there is no way to create a 1280 X 720 wmv output. Today I've trying using VideoWave and every trick I can think of to recreate a nice high quality slideshow. My Nov slideshow has the same smartsound musical background, so I doubt I used another program.

I even went back into EMC 10 to see if I had used that, but unless I missed something, I think the output options are the same.

So, how in the world did I do it? CRAFT - can't remember a flippin' thing!!!!!

Thanks,

Ed

As they say here in Memphis, "thank ya, thank ya verrrry much ...." (Think Elvis, break into song)

This is a great forum, and I really appreciate your help. I suspect I would have spent the next several days and never have discovered the answer. You are indeed, THE Guru!

Thanks,

Ed

Dateline Memphis: Digital Guru, just wanted you to know that it worked like a charm! Had to remind myself to set it as "widescreen" prior to going to VideoWave, but once I did that, selecting WMV 9 1280 X 720 was a snap.

Thanks so much.

Ed