• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burn

MDVC

Question

I have Roxio Media Creator 10 Suite. I have created a slideshow with background video and created a MyDVD file from this. The project is done and I am trying to burn the DVD. When I try to burn, the Burn Project window appears and shows me the H drive, which is a Lite-On DVDRW SHW-1635S USB Device. It always says the drive is empty despite the fact that a DVD-R disc is in the drive.

Today I ran the pxengine update as Roxio customer care suggested, rebooted my computer and still it won't begin to burn the DVD. I checked my drivers on the drive and the Driver Details show Sonic Solutions drivers and Roxio drivers. I have the DLACDBHM.SYS version 9.05.02a from Roxio, DRVMCDB.sys version 8.10.42a from Sonic and PxHelp20.sys version 3.00.83a from Sonic Solutions, in addition to others..

Just curious as to what else I need to change on my drive to make sure that software can see it and finish the project to the disc. I was able to burn one disc last evening but made changes and want to do it again...

Edited by MDVC

1 answer to this question

I have Roxio Media Creator 10 Suite. I have created a slideshow with background video and created a MyDVD file from this. The project is done and I am trying to burn the DVD. When I try to burn, the Burn Project window appears and shows me the H drive, which is a Lite-On DVDRW SHW-1635S USB Device. It always says the drive is empty despite the fact that a DVD-R disc is in the drive.

Today I ran the pxengine update as Roxio customer care suggested, rebooted my computer and still it won't begin to burn the DVD. I checked my drivers on the drive and the Driver Details show Sonic Solutions drivers and Roxio drivers. I have the DLACDBHM.SYS version 9.05.02a from Roxio, DRVMCDB.sys version 8.10.42a from Sonic and PxHelp20.sys version 3.00.83a from Sonic Solutions, in addition to others..

Just curious as to what else I need to change on my drive to make sure that software can see it and finish the project to the disc. I was able to burn one disc last evening but made changes and want to do it again...

Have you tried just creating and .iso image:

burnisome6.gif

... and then burning that image onto your dvd by right-clicking the .iso and using Creator to create the dvd in a separate step?

Does your drive show up using this route?

Edited by Syrallas