• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

won't recognize capture source

amandapup@gmail.com

Question

I bought a Panasonic digital camera some time ago but just recently started using it and wanted to edit the files. A stripped down version of Media Creator came with the camera but I upgraded to Media Creator 8. But when I attach the camera to the PC, MC8 says it is not there. I have talked to Panasonic support and they say that the camera/PC link is responding as it should. Is there something that needs to reset or tweaked here?

Also I would like to edit some DVDs which I have created on a Panasonic DVR. Again the program does not recognize the disc in my DVD drive.

Where do I start?

AP

1 answer to this question

First you need to list your equipment. Panasonic digital camera or camcorder? Connected to the computer by USB or FIREWIRE? List the specifications of your computer.

Again the program does not recognize the disc in my DVD drive.
Which program? Some stand alone DVD recorders require the disc by 'finalized' or closed before they can recognized by other machines. Make sure you have followed the instructions for the Panasonic correctly. Does the disc play on anohter DVD player? If it does, then Media Import should recognize it. Of course, you do have to have a DVD player or burner in the computer.

Archived