Hardware Error

kjm008

Question

Every time I try and burn a TS file from my computer it does the writing ok, but then after it looks likes its almost done it says i have a hardware error and it never verifies the movie. So I am getting DVDs that are full movies except for the last 30 seconds to a minute and credits. Am i doing something wrong?

6 answers to this question

What type of recorder are you using, what type of media, and what is the exact error?

I am using the Superdrive that came with my 12" G4 Powerbook. I am using Memorex DVD+R. The sense key says says HARDWARE ERROR and the sense code says 0x03, 0x01.

This has been said so many times on the form already, but don't use Memorex media. It is not good. Also, the Apple shipped Matsushita drives are very very bad and will not work with most media. I would only by Apple media for the Matsushita drive unless you can find a firmware update (which is very unlikely.)

Every time I try and burn a TS file from my computer it does the writing ok, but then after it looks likes its almost done it says i have a hardware error and it never verifies the movie. So I am getting DVDs that are full movies except for the last 30 seconds to a minute and credits. Am i doing something wrong?

What type of recorder are you using, what type of media, and what is the exact error?

Archived