• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing Of Mpeg-2 .tivo Files In Toast 8.0.5

BobPowers

Question

Background:

I have used Toast in the past with TiVo Transfer to transfer and record TiVo programs without any problem. When I went to do it again this morning (clicking on Extras/TiVo Transfer using Toast 8.0.3), I received a message saying: "TiVo Transfer could not be opened because it could not be found." After updating to Toast 8.0.5 and running the Assistant where I enabled TiVo Transfer, I had the same message when attempting this function. However, the TiVo Transfer application was in the Toast folder, so I was successful in transferring the recorded programs in question and bringing them into Toast.

Problem:

I now want to edit these videos in Toast, in order to cut out commercials, and in some cases, to crop the end of the program, before burning DVDs. However, I cannot find any way to get to the Edit feature described in other threads here. I can't find the link now, but I read somewhere that one cannot crop/edit MPEG-2 video in Toast. These .tivo files are indentified as MPEG-2 files. Can anyone shed some light on this issue. Is it possible to edit these .tivo files and do what I want? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet