• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Storyboard won't let me adjust duration

toms777

Question

I put in music and adjusted to fit but storyboard won't let me adjust individual slides for a longer duration (6 seconds for a few slides vs. 4.2 seconds for the remainder of slides. Do I have to remove the background music to adjust the duration? How do you remove the background music once it's saved? Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

First, about changing the time for any or all slides: If you are in Videowave and your production is showing, to change the time for any particular slide, make sure you are in the STORYLINE view and then click on any one of the slides you have entered. Then click on the little clock/sissors icon in the menu right above the slides and you will get a screen where you can change the time for that particular slide OR you can change the time you want and make it the default time for all the slides.

To answer you last question directly: Change to the TIMELINE view and then RIGHT click on any particular audio file that you have aded to the production and when the drop down menu appears, just click on DELETE.

Frank.........

Just by thinking about the last reply by the OP, it sounds to me thathe thought that just by deleting an audio file from the production that the time interval would change. I might be wrong but even if you delete or change audio in the production, doesn't mean that the time set for any particular slide or the defauly setting will change without going to StoryBoard view and changing it. I assume that the option to change the time for a slide is not "grayed" out for some reason so that should work.

However, after reading that last post, now I think what the OP did was to insert an audio file and make the time for each of several slides to match the length of time for the audio. if that's the case, you would still have to go back and manually change the time for that sequence of slides even if you deleted the audio in that portion of the production.

Why the production freezes up might be do to some of the changes made that are causing conflicts in the program itself. try opening the production and without doing anything else, save it as another named production and then see if that same thing happens in the newly named production.

Frank....

First, about changing the time for any or all slides: If you are in Videowave and your production is showing, to change the time for any particular slide, make sure you are in the STORYLINE view and then click on any one of the slides you have entered. Then click on the little clock/sissors icon in the menu right above the slides and you will get a screen where you can change the time for that particular slide OR you can change the time you want and make it the default time for all the slides.

To answer you last question directly: Change to the TIMELINE view and then RIGHT click on any particular audio file that you have aded to the production and when the drop down menu appears, just click on DELETE.

Frank.........

Thanks. I guess I have software issues because the duration per slide remains the same whether or not the background music has been removed. Also, as I'm adding pictures to the storyboard, the program freezes up (hourglass) and you have to re-boot the computer to add slides again. I've made about 6 movies in the past without a hitch, I've removed and re-installed and still have the same problem. Guess it's time for a new media system. Any recomendations? I've tried Nero, but I don't like it.

Guest mlpasley

What version of EMC7 are you using? Is it 7.1 or 7.5?

My guess would be that you're using 7.1 because Storyboard is what opens up when you click on Slideshow.

I don't have 7.1 installed, so I cannot check why you cannot adjust the duration.

However, if you open VIDEOWAVE and make the production in that, you should be able to adjust the duration for each individual picture or the default.

Now as to why the program is freezing when you go to add those pictures, it might be the pictures themselves. What program did you use to bring those pictures from your camera to the computer?

Archived