• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Inadvertant Screen Resolution Change

spinester

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience where the playing of a DVD in their roxio cineplayer caused a change in their screen resolution. I am running a Dell 30 inch monitor with 2560 x 1600 resolution. After I ran this DVD (and closed the application), my screen resolution changed and there is an unusual blue-ish tinge to all the white screens. Additionally, when I reboot, my Windows XP logo is blue (not white). My text fonts now all have a slight reddish tint on them. It's highly bizarre. I reinstalled my video card driver. A Geeksquad person told me that Roxio drivers often screw up the video driver. Has anyone had such an experience (and might have some suggestions on how to rectify it?) Thanks a amillion!!!!

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience where the playing of a DVD in their roxio cineplayer caused a change in their screen resolution. I am running a Dell 30 inch monitor with 2560 x 1600 resolution. After I ran this DVD (and closed the application), my screen resolution changed and there is an unusual blue-ish tinge to all the white screens. Additionally, when I reboot, my Windows XP logo is blue (not white). My text fonts now all have a slight reddish tint on them. It's highly bizarre. I reinstalled my video card driver. A Geeksquad person told me that Roxio drivers often screw up the video driver. Has anyone had such an experience (and might have some suggestions on how to rectify it?) Thanks a amillion!!!!

He had to say something ! I don't remember that anyone else posted a similar issue. Does that monitor have a built in color management program? Perhaps something changed there or did you add any new programs or codecs?

I use the Spyder 2 colorimeter to calibrate my monitor. It resets the color settings each time I reboot. It tells me to recalibrate when I add a new program. I recalibrate about once a month just in case. The Express version does not include printer calibration (which I find not too useful.)

The problem is that I've calibrated my two monitors and some of those belonging to my neighbors. Guess who get calls monthly to update the calibration. (takes about 20 minutes each.) :P

He had to say something ! I don't remember that anyone else posted a similar issue. Does that monitor have a built in color management program? Perhaps something changed there or did you add any new programs or codecs?

I use the Spyder 2 colorimeter to calibrate my monitor. It resets the color settings each time I reboot. It tells me to recalibrate when I add a new program. I recalibrate about once a month just in case. The Express version does not include printer calibration (which I find not too useful.)

The problem is that I've calibrated my two monitors and some of those belonging to my neighbors. Guess who get calls monthly to update the calibration. (takes about 20 minutes each.) :P

Thanks for the advice. I am unaware of hte monitor having a built in color management program. I didnt add anything - just put the DVD into the DVD drive and it default loaded up with the Roxio cineplayer. I noticed that even flipping in and out of the cineplayer, the colors changed on the screen.

Interestingly, the colours on the screen look okay, it's the "grainy-ness" of the fonts in particular, and the white screens are now bluish... totally bizarre.

If you want to update their calibration less frequently, say, every 6 months or so? Just set the date ahead about 5 months when you do the next calibration, then set it back after your done. (I have the Spyder2 Express, I'd like to try the version with the printer calibration sometime.)