• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Read Commercial Dvds Since Creator 2009

AAKAlan

Question

Since I installed Creator 2009, I can (and have) burned custom DVDs, copy DVDs, I can view WMV, AVI and even FLV files, but I can no longer play a commercial DVD in any playing software, including Windows Media Player, Real Player or Roxio CinePlayer.

The DVDs appear to load, the players size the screen appropropriately, they all go to "chapter 2" and then just sit there with a totally black screen.

IE, I can no longer view movie DVDs on my PC since installing 2009!

Any ideas? All DVDs play back fine in DVD players with TV. It's just the Lite-On in my PC that won't play -anything- back with with -any- software except for video files. Player only a few months old and worked perfectly until I installed Creator 2009. Codec problems?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer to this question

Yes, most likely a codec issue, but question would be why or what actually changed. It appears to be a software issue and has nothing to do with the Lite On.

Have you installed any other software? I've never used WMP to view DVDs, but you should at least be able to use CinePlayer that came with Creator 2009. Some users have posted about the Cineplayer codec pak not installing correctly. Try reinstalling it.

IF you have the CD or DVD, use Windows Explorer to navigate to this folder: \CPDECODERPACK_431

Run CPDP.MSI

That should install the CinePlayer codecs.

Edited by ggrussell