• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Flickering Background Images!

NBK

Question

Hi

I am not sure, if this is the right forum.

My background images [*.bmp or *.jpg] flicker when i playback the DVD on a SDTV. Is there something i can do in Photoshop Elements 3.02, 4.0 or 7.0 to fix this?

The DVD authoring program, Roxio DVDit 6.3, does not have an anti-flicker filter...

Thanks

NBK

8 answers to this question

Hi

I am not sure, if this is the right forum.

My background images [*.bmp or *.jpg] flicker when i playback the DVD on a SDTV. Is there something i can do in Photoshop Elements 3.02, 4.0 or 7.0 to fix this?

The DVD authoring program, Roxio DVDit 6.3, does not have an anti-flicker filter...

Thanks

NBK

maybe the field order is reversed, I know it produces flicker on videos for sure.

Before we try that, let's get a clearer picture...

Are the background images for menus? How are you going about creating the menu in DVDit?

Yes the background images are for menus. I do a screen cap in DVDit or Premiere Elements and drag and drop the *.jpg/*.bmp on to the menu.

Thanks

NBK

Yes the background images are for menus. I do a screen cap in DVDit or Premiere Elements and drag and drop the *.jpg/*.bmp on to the menu.

Thanks

NBK

Are the images 720x480? I'm wondering if DVDit is having problems downsizing it. Try cropping the image to DVD image size...

Are the images 720x480? I'm wondering if DVDit is having problems downsizing it. Try cropping the image to DVD image size...

Hi

Someone at another forum reminded of what Scott told me to do some time ago. Take the photos and deinterlace them in photoshop.

The images were screen caps in DVDit or Premiere Elements...

Thanks

NBK

Hi

Someone at another forum reminded of what Scott told me to do some time ago. Take the photos and deinterlace them in photoshop.

The images were screen caps in DVDit or Premiere Elements...

Thanks

NBK

That was my original thought (field order) but I thought about it, why would photos even be interlaced!?! Maybe they are, something learned. Hopefully, Photoshop will do the trick.

Edited by plee

That was my original thought (field order) but I thought about it, why would photos even be interlaced!?! Maybe they are, something learned. Hopefully, Photoshop will do the trick.

Hi plee,

I have do idea as to why would photos be interlaced. Photoshop did the trick!!! Now, ROXIO needs to implement an anti-flicker filter in the next version of DVDit.

Thanks

NBK