• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Go Back Detect An Error

vicada

When I power up the computer I got this message:

"Go back detect an error (4.02) Go back is unable to control line A20 (code 500). You may be able to correct this problem by checking your keyboard and mouse connections, powering off your computer for a few seconds, and then trying again. If you continually get this message, please call Roxio technical support for assistance".

Well this always happend and after powering off and powering on the computer for around 15 minutes the computer finally boot up but I am tired of doing this avery single day. There is no number for Roxio technical support to call. Anyone know how I can fix this?

When I power up the computer I got this message:

"Go back detect an error (4.02) Go back is unable to control line A20 (code 500). You may be able to correct this problem by checking your keyboard and mouse connections, powering off your computer for a few seconds, and then trying again. If you continually get this message, please call Roxio technical support for assistance".

Well this always happend and after powering off and powering on the computer for around 15 minutes the computer finally boot up but I am tired of doing this avery single day. There is no number for Roxio technical support to call. Anyone know how I can fix this?

If you're running GoBack, then you've probably had this computer for, oh, at least 5 or 6 years now? It's been quite awhile since Roxio did anything with GoBack. (A great program, by the way... I still run it on my machine.) So, the A20 error, as indicated in your message, is associated with your keyboard. Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging your keyboard to see if possibly it's a dirty contact? That would be one of my first suggestions.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you could try disabling GoBack, and see if Windows gets the same error the next time you start up your machine. If so, then possibly the keyboard is having a problem, or if the keyboard connector on the back of your PC isn't part of the motherboard, but instead is wired into a connector to the motherboard, try replugging that connector. Again, possibly a bad connection.

You can also just try putting a different keyboard on and see if the problem is fixed. It definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Hope that helps!

If you're running GoBack, then you've probably had this computer for, oh, at least 5 or 6 years now? It's been quite awhile since Roxio did anything with GoBack. (A great program, by the way... I still run it on my machine.) So, the A20 error, as indicated in your message, is associated with your keyboard. Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging your keyboard to see if possibly it's a dirty contact? That would be one of my first suggestions.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you could try disabling GoBack, and see if Windows gets the same error the next time you start up your machine. If so, then possibly the keyboard is having a problem, or if the keyboard connector on the back of your PC isn't part of the motherboard, but instead is wired into a connector to the motherboard, try replugging that connector. Again, possibly a bad connection.

You can also just try putting a different keyboard on and see if the problem is fixed. It definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your post. How can I disable goback? I thought that goback was made by norton.

Edited by vicada

Thanks for your post. How can I disable goback? I thought that goback was made by norton.

It was acquired by Roxio for awhile, then sold to Norton, who discontinued it. So, if you thought it was a Norton/Symantec product, what prompted you to post your problem on a Roxio board?

Anyway, there should be a GoBack icon in your System Tray (usually in the lower left of your screen. Mine looks like two yellow "arrows" pointing to the left. (Sort of like a "rewind" button on a VCR.) Anyway, double click that, and it should bring up a dialog screen, with several buttons, one of which should say, "Options". Click that. It should bring up another menu with a button that says, "disable GoBack". When you select that, GoBack will verify that that's what you really want to do, then say it has to reboot after it clears the history.

After the reboot, when Windows reloads (this time without the GoBack screen first), you'll get a prompt asking if you want to re-enable GoBack. I'll assume you probably don't want to do that, at least until you verify whether or not it's your keyboard that is the problem.

Hope that helps!

It was acquired by Roxio for awhile, then sold to Norton, who discontinued it. So, if you thought it was a Norton/Symantec product, what prompted you to post your problem on a Roxio board?

I post my question on another site and was told to come here because go back was made by roxio and not by norton, thats why I came here. I hope I answer your question.

My keyboard it's ok. I did disable go back but now the computer every time I try to reboot it gave me a weird screen with numbers and will not do anything else. I was told to reboot the computer and hit the esc a few times and I did and thats the only way the computer will boot. How can I fix this things now? Do you have any idea why this is happening?

I post my question on another site and was told to come here because go back was made by roxio and not by norton, thats why I came here. I hope I answer your question.

My keyboard it's ok. I did disable go back but now the computer every time I try to reboot it gave me a weird screen with numbers and will not do anything else. I was told to reboot the computer and hit the esc a few times and I did and thats the only way the computer will boot. How can I fix this things now? Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Is there something about a "301" error? If so, then you have a keyboard problem. You didn't say if you've tried replugging your keyboard cable, or replacing the keyboard. But, if you get a 301 error, then indeed you have a real, honest-to-goodness keyboard hardware problem.

Otherwise, we'd need to know the exact message you're getting, not just "a weird screen with numbers will not do anything else."

Let us know.

This is the message:

Trap==============================Exception================================

Tr=0028 cr=80000013 cr2=00000000 cr3=00039000

gdt limit=03ff base=0003f000 idt limit=07ff base=0003f400

cs:eip=0008:0040737f ss:esp=0010:0005f95c error code=0000

flags=00010086 NoCy NoxZr IntDis Down TrapDis

eax=00008000 ebx=00008000 ecx=00000000 edx=00480001 ds=0010 es=0010

edi=80507580 esi=00488000 ebp=0005f978 cr0=80000013 fs=0030 gs=0000

This is the screen I got.

This is the message:

Trap==============================Exception================================

Tr=0028 cr=80000013 cr2=00000000 cr3=00039000

gdt limit=03ff base=0003f000 idt limit=07ff base=0003f400

cs:eip=0008:0040737f ss:esp=0010:0005f95c error code=0000

flags=00010086 NoCy NoxZr IntDis Down TrapDis

eax=00008000 ebx=00008000 ecx=00000000 edx=00480001 ds=0010 es=0010

edi=80507580 esi=00488000 ebp=0005f978 cr0=80000013 fs=0030 gs=0000

This is the screen I got.

Nope... I'm afraid I don't know what might be causing that. It could well be an internal hardware error.

But please, could you ease my little mind as I ask you once again, did you try unpluggin/replugging your keyboard? You say your keyboard is fine, but how do you know?

Tell us what you did to test it. Did you put a new one on? Did you move it to another PC? Remember, we're not there, looking over your shoulder to know what you've done, you have to explicitly tell us.

If you can get by the error by rebooting a few times and pressing the ESC key, I'd make sure that you get everything on your system backed up soon, in case the next time you shut it off, that magic sequence doesn't work.

How old is your PC?

Nope... I'm afraid I don't know what might be causing that. It could well be an internal hardware error.

But please, could you ease my little mind as I ask you once again, did you try unpluggin/replugging your keyboard? You say your keyboard is fine, but how do you know?

Tell us what you did to test it. Did you put a new one on? Did you move it to another PC? Remember, we're not there, looking over your shoulder to know what you've done, you have to explicitly tell us.

If you can get by the error by rebooting a few times and pressing the ESC key, I'd make sure that you get everything on your system backed up soon, in case the next time you shut it off, that magic sequence doesn't work.

How old is your PC?

I did unplog and replog the keyboard and even try a different keyboard but I was getting the same error. I am sorry I was thinking that I already sd that before. I think this computer is from 2003.