• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Sony Camcorder Minidv Tapes Onto Dvd

nic007tennis

I have a Sony camcorder that uses MiniDV tapes. I can record the date and time on the tape, but when I use Roxio Videowave, these dates and times are not captured.

Can anyone help.

I hope you don't mind me asking but I am new to this site and am a complete novice where video cameras and computers are concerned. I would really love to be able to put my miniDV tapes from my sony video camera onto DVDs. I have downloaded the MGI videowave III that came with the camera (bought many years ago so not a new model) but I really don't know what to do now. Can you help me?

I have a sony camcorder DCR-PC9E and would love to put the miniDV tapes on to DVDs. I have downloaded the disc that came with the camera - MGI VidoeWave III but have no idea what to do next. I would like to get as far as downloading the tapes on to the computer and can connect the camera to the computer but don't get any instructions up on what to do.

Can anyone help me with very simple instructions?

I hope you don't mind me asking but I am new to this site and am a complete novice where video cameras and computers are concerned. I would really love to be able to put my miniDV tapes from my sony video camera onto DVDs. I have downloaded the MGI videowave III that came with the camera (bought many years ago so not a new model) but I really don't know what to do now. Can you help me?

Duplicate post.

I have a sony camcorder DCR-PC9E and would love to put the miniDV tapes on to DVDs. I have downloaded the disc that came with the camera - MGI VidoeWave III but have no idea what to do next. I would like to get as far as downloading the tapes on to the computer and can connect the camera to the computer but don't get any instructions up on what to do.

Look on the disc that came with the camera. There should be a users manual there or go here (link).

That program is at least 10 years old and probably may not work with Vista, possibly not with XP. However Sony has been known to create their own version of the software to handle their non standard formats.

The camera has a IEEE (Firewire) connection. You would connect the camera to your computer via a Firewire connection. Your computer should have one. From there you can do the capture using the software. You will have to buy a Firewire cable. There are 4 pin and 6 pin and combinations of these. Look at the camera and on your computer to see how many pins on each.

I'd like to help more but I can't find that camcorder on the Sony Style web page. How old is the camcorder?

You may be better off using Windows Movie Maker to capture the video (if you can) and perhaps to edit it. You can gratuate to a newer, more functionality Roxio program once you play with what is available for awhile.

What computer do you have and what Operating System (Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista?

Edited by sknis

Just an FYI. You install software, not download it to your computer. You capture the video, from the tapes.