• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

new My DVD bundled with videowave 8 not compatible with windows 2000xp

patden04@yahoo.com

Question

Hello again i have installed roxio photosuite 8 and videowave 8 on my dell pc with windows 2000 xp

the new My DVD is not compatible. My drive D has been knocked out and is no longer recognized.

word files can no longer be sent to the dvd rom drive and stored on dvd discs.

A download from Sonic was suggested. I did the down load and it made no difference.

DRive D is not accesible......Incorrect fuction window appears

for my 3 rd attemp I will uninstall all videowave 8 program, restore my computer to last thursday.

then I will try to custom install the Photosuite 8 and custom install the videowave 8 while leaving

OFF THE NEW MY DVD. Hopefully the old version of mydvd L E will work with the new videowave 8

movie editing softwear.

I have almost no time left to attempt to Jackhammer this program into my computer.

I will be very grateful for any advise on how to fix this Drive D is not accesible INcorrect function

bug. thank you

4 answers to this question

Here's something else that was suggested some time ago.

If the drives are still listed in the Device Manager, delete them then carefully follow this fix:

"Upper/Lower Filters:

a. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key

b. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or clicking the "+" next to it.)

c. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key

d. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key

e. Expand the "Control" Key

f. Expand the "Class" Key

g. Look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

h. Highlight this key by left clicking once on it

i. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"

j. Exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer"

thanks for the info on re editing the registry. I tried to print out your instructions but this forum

uses wide sentences and it didnt print out correctly. I have decided not to re edit the registry

in order to fix this bug. I am not qualified to start reediting registries.

Microsoft warns that: may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating systime. ...cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using registry editor incorrectly. Use at your own risk. So I will uninstall videowave 8 and restore my computer to its previous

condition. then I will try to custom install photosuite8 and videowave8 WITHOUT the new versoin

of My dvd.

Is your drive not detected by MyDVD or Windows or both?

Does Device Manager list your drive?

What kind of burner is it?

Hello My drive d is not detected by windows. The device manager lists the driveer which is:

_nec dvd+rw nd 6500a. It is a combo dvd and cd burner. IF i put in a music cd, it plays.

if i put in a cd rom it loads..... but if i put in a word file or pic file it doesnt recognice.

Also, a window opens up stating: "can not copy files on this cd rom drive. it is read only.

you can not copy or move files over to this cd rom drive"

I have downloaded the patch from sonic..... no improvement.... also I uninstalled the NEC driver

and rebooted..... no improvement....

thanks for any help. pat deny

Hello My drive d is not detected by windows. The device manager lists the driveer which is:

_nec dvd+rw nd 6500a. It is a combo dvd and cd burner. IF i put in a music cd, it plays.

if i put in a cd rom it loads..... but if i put in a word file or pic file it doesnt recognice.

Also, a window opens up stating: "can not copy files on this cd rom drive. it is read only.

you can not copy or move files over to this cd rom drive"

I have downloaded the patch from sonic..... no improvement.... also I uninstalled the NEC driver

and rebooted..... no improvement....

thanks for any help. pat deny

Here's something else that was suggested some time ago.

If the drives are still listed in the Device Manager, delete them then carefully follow this fix:

"Upper/Lower Filters:

a. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key

b. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or clicking the "+" next to it.)

c. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key

d. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key

e. Expand the "Control" Key

f. Expand the "Class" Key

g. Look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

h. Highlight this key by left clicking once on it

i. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"

j. Exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer"

Archived