• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer Of 3 Hrs But Edit Show 1 Hr.

RichardEW

Question

I have recorded a 3 hour show in HD on my Tivo. I transfered it to my iMac and it is 21 Gigs. When I "Toast" it and then go to "edit", then "edit" so I can cut out the commercials it goes through an update process reading the file into Toast Video Player. When this is finished it only has 1 hr 6 min of the recording. Is there a limit to the size of the file I can "edit" in the video player? I also recorded the show in SD for 2 hrs 30 minutes and that converted fine although it was 10 minutes short ... which is why I tried the HD version as it was recorded for an extra 30 minutes (it was a live sports broadcast).

Any suggestions on how to recover the missing 2 hours of the HD recording?

2 answers to this question

I've run into this problem with both MYDVD and VideoWave in EMC 10. Never had the problem in other releases. I have a clip that is 1.49GB and add it to either editors and they only import 1228.9MB! This is in separate imports and halts at the exact same place each time. I have just purchased an Nvidia Geforse 9400 FX 1GB video card and have a Gateway Dual Core 4GB Media Center Edition XP system. 1.2 TB disk space, so I've got the horsepower to do this, the software just doesn't load the whole clip. Wish I could help, If I find out anything I'll certainly let you know...

I've run into this problem with both MYDVD and VideoWave in EMC 10. Never had the problem in other releases. I have a clip that is 1.49GB and add it to either editors and they only import 1228.9MB! This is in separate imports and halts at the exact same place each time. I have just purchased an Nvidia Geforse 9400 FX 1GB video card and have a Gateway Dual Core 4GB Media Center Edition XP system. 1.2 TB disk space, so I've got the horsepower to do this, the software just doesn't load the whole clip. Wish I could help, If I find out anything I'll certainly let you know...

Thanks for the reply. I am going to reload everything again in the next day or so and I will let you know if there is any joy....

Richard