Toast 8 Cannot Copy A Dvd On Macbook Pro Error 108

waveracer

Question

Hi

I am trying to copy a dvd of a tivo recording I made. I open the program , I choose disc copy, I insert the disc I want to copy, in this case 27 dresses dvd-r which shows up and then I click record and get an error message "could not record the disc because there was not enough memory" error 108, yet I have 96 gb available on my hard drive. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?:unsure:

Thanks for your help!!

4 answers to this question

That error message has nothing to do with memory. It typically comes up when Toast determines something is missing from the VIDEO_TS folder but that seems unlikely if Toast created the source DVD. Try choosing Save as Disc Image to see if that works. If Toast completes the disc image then burn it to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

That error message has nothing to do with memory. It typically comes up when Toast determines something is missing from the VIDEO_TS folder but that seems unlikely if Toast created the source DVD. Try choosing Save as Disc Image to see if that works. If Toast completes the disc image then burn it to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Thanks for your reply I am not sure how to Save as disc image , ca't find that option. ow would I do that?

Thanks again :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply I am not sure how to Save as disc image , ca't find that option. ow would I do that?

Thanks again :rolleyes:

When you normally would click the red burn button click the Save as Disc Image button that is just to the left (and up a bit) from the red button. You'll be asked where you want to save it on your hard drive.

What happens is a disc image file is created that has the .toast extension at the end. Selecting this file when using the Image File setting in the Copy window and choosing Mount It (if it isn't mounted automatically) creates an icon on your desktop that's exactly as if you inserted a CD or DVD and can be played as such.

When you burn the disc image in the Copy window there is the greatest chance that your disc will burn without any errors.

Thanks for your Help!!!

I tried that and it works much better and faster. I also re-installed the program and I think there must have been some error with the previous install as it is working better now, and I can copy the dvd's. The disc image is definitely the way to go.

Thanks Again :)

When you normally would click the red burn button click the Save as Disc Image button that is just to the left (and up a bit) from the red button. You'll be asked where you want to save it on your hard drive.

What happens is a disc image file is created that has the .toast extension at the end. Selecting this file when using the Image File setting in the Copy window and choosing Mount It (if it isn't mounted automatically) creates an icon on your desktop that's exactly as if you inserted a CD or DVD and can be played as such.

When you burn the disc image in the Copy window there is the greatest chance that your disc will burn without any errors.