• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dell Creator Premier Bluray 10.1 Hangs Writing Bd-r

M9Curious

Question

Hangs when copy Data [Data Disk] to BluRay disks. Hangs after writing 16-71 mb.

Q1. Are some of my file names too long for Creator? Where is the error message window?

Q2. Creator wrote OK to Sony BD-RE, but not to Sony BD-R. Is this causing my problem?

Q3. I've applied Dell patch and updated to latest engine. What else can I do? Upgrade to Roxio 2009?

---------------------------------------------------------------

BACKGROUND: PROBLEM ARISES (HAD WRITTEN GOOD BLU-RAY SONY BD-RE BEFORE)

Set Power Scheme to "Always on" Turn off Monitor after 20 min. No other tasks running during copy.

Dell XPS (bought 6/2008). O/S XP 5.1 SP3. Writes data to DVD+R just fine.

* Creator Premier Version: 1.1.010 Build: 110B10A, DLH Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

* Module Name: PX Engine Build: 4.4.48a, 22 Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

* Module Name: Roxio Central Core Version: 3.7.0 Build: 370B16B, DLH Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

12/22: HUNG: Resulting Blu-Ray is unreadable.

* Progress 71MB of 22.2 GB (36,144 sectors of 11,661,088 sectors) Max burn speed 2.0X

* Progress bar at bottom: blank/empty.

03/21: HUNG writing to Sony BD-R Ver 1.1/2x (white background). Resulting Blu-Ray is unreadable.

* Progress 16MB of 22.0 GB (8,240 sectors of 11,536,096 sectors) Max burn speed 4.0X

* Progress bar at bottom: one-eighth full. Estimate time remaining: 1:32:47 (looping)

-----------------------------------------------------

ATTEMPTED FIX.

03/21: Updated Dell EMC 10.1 Premier Blu-ray from version 1.1.010 to version 1.1.010 SP1.

03/21: Updated PX to latest version:

* Creator Premier Version: 1.1.010 SP1 Build: 110B10A, DLH Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

* Module Name: PX Engine Build: 4.10.28a, 31 Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

* Module Name: Roxio Central Core Version: 3.7.0 Build: 370B16B, DLH Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

----------------------------------------------------

PROBLEM CONTINUES

03/24: HUNG: writing to Sony BD-R Ver 1.1/2X (blue background). Resulting Blu-Ray is unreadable.

* Progress 16MB of 21.8 GB (8,240 sectors of 11,406,592 sectors) Max burn speed 2.0X

* Progress bar at bottom: one-fourth full. Estimate time remaining: 2:20:01 (looping)

5 answers to this question

Hangs when copy Data [Data Disk] to BluRay disks. Hangs after writing 16-71 mb.

Q1. Are some of my file names too long for Creator? Where is the error message window?

You will have to try Dell for that… You have some OEM version that I have never heard of…

Likewise, none of the regulars here have a BD burner.

As far as files names, not likely. You said they burned to RE so that eliminates that. You can set the Project Properties in Creator Classic to UDF – No Bridge. Of course all BD discs are done in UDF.

You would also need to check for the latest drivers for your burner. XP will not burn BD so drivers to trick it are a must!

PROBLEM FIXED. I've created two successful data copy backups. I'm very happy with Roxio Creator.

1) Installed newer PLDS-BDRE-A03 4B1S-7D-14 firmware from Dell dated 2008-06-03 (2008-05-22 inside).

2) Also used Verbatim Blu-Ray BD-R 1-2x disc (but I don't think that made the difference).

I couldn't find any Project Properties options in the Dell OEM version.

If I buy the full Roxio Creater, will that work OK on my Dell XPS(XP SP3) with a PLDS-BDRE drive?

Is there a reduced rate for those who bought the OEM version?

You cannot 'Buy' an OEM version…

:lol:

None of the Regulars here have a BD Burner so I cannot say with any honesty…

I will say this, in 20 years of PC's I have never bought a full version of any software that I felt was a waste of time! Yes there are features I don't use but that far outweighs not being able to do something because it isn't there!

Here is a thought… You can shop around and find a better price for C2009 Ultimate (includes BD plug-ins) but it will not be returnable in most cases…

Or you can buy it from Roxio's store and pay a little more but it is returnable in 30 days – no questions asked???