Saving Enhancements

RonnieC

Question

I'm still very new to this. I'm sorry if these seem to be stupid questions, but here goes. After I have copied an LP using Creator2009, how do I add the enhancements to the final files? Is there a way of applying say the equaliser while recording or must it be done later? Do I really have to play the "album" over and over to clean up, enhance, and then equalise? Yes some of them do need all three! Surely there must be a simpler method. Any thoughts welcome.

2 answers to this question

I'm still very new to this. I'm sorry if these seem to be stupid questions, but here goes. After I have copied an LP using Creator2009, how do I add the enhancements to the final files? Is there a way of applying say the equaliser while recording or must it be done later? Do I really have to play the "album" over and over to clean up, enhance, and then equalise? Yes some of them do need all three! Surely there must be a simpler method. Any thoughts welcome.

You must do the enhancements in Sound Editor; you cannot do them earlier. No, you do not have to play the entire album to do the enhancements. The enhancements are saved when you export the file.

Do you have the Ultimate version of Creator 2009? That version includes Bias Sound Soap. If so, that is s better and easier way to clean up the audio.

If your audio really needs a lot of cleaning and enhancing, download the free trial of Gold Wave. It is a more feature rich audio editor. The trial version is fully functional and there is a very liberal trial period.

Edited by sknis

You must do the enhancements in Sound Editor; you cannot do them earlier. No, you do not have to play the entire album to do the enhancements. The enhancements are saved when you export the file.

Do you have the Ultimate version of Creator 2009? That version includes Bias Sound Soap. If so, that is s better and easier way to clean up the audio.

If your audio really needs a lot of cleaning and enhancing, download the free trial of Gold Wave. It is a more feature rich audio editor. The trial version is fully functional and there is a very liberal trial period.

Thanks for that. I was looking at the program help notes and they implied that I would have to play the files over and over to add the enhancements one by one. By the time that was done you wouldn't want to play it again later! I have standard Creator 2009 so have no idea what Bias Sound Soap is. I was applying the equaliser ( the main enhancement I intend to use) at stage 2 in the LP and Tape Assistant, at the time of "ripping" the disc to my PC. I'm still a bit confused about the declicker. I assume I'll need to do that in sound editor bit by bit until I am happy with the end result. I'll have a look at Gold Wave, but only after I have half a clue about this program first. Thanks.

Edited by RonnieC