swede57

Toast 10 Update

Question

I just downloaded the Toast 10 update, when I went to install I got an error that said that said I did not have all privileges and then it deleted my Toast icon in finder.

6 answers to this question

I am unable to download the update after logging in to Roxio. Using iMac with OS 10.5.6. Customer care made suggestions that didn't work, and now am unable to update the ticket. Tried disabling the mac firewall. Tried Safari 3.1.2 and Safari 4 (beta). Tried Firefox 3.0.7 and Firefox 4 (beta). Tried clearing cache on Safari and Firefox. In all cases, when I click on the download button, the screen goes to the page labeled Roxio Customer Care. Otherwise, Toast 10 seems to work OK. I am able to download other software and other program updates from other sites such as Apple.

Edited by MarvinS

I am unable to download the update after logging in to Roxio. Using iMac with OS 10.5.6. Customer care made suggestions that didn't work, and now am unable to update the ticket. Tried disabling the mac firewall. Tried Safari 3.1.2 and Safari 4 (beta). Tried Firefox 3.0.7 and Firefox 4 (beta). Tried clearing cache on Safari and Firefox. In all cases, when I click on the download button, the screen goes to the page labeled Roxio Customer Care. Otherwise, Toast 10 seems to work OK. I am able to download other software and other program updates from other sites such as Apple.

I have had the same problem in the past with Toast updates. Have you been able to resolve it? Roxio customer service has not been helpful with this problem to date. :glare:

I have had the same problem in the past with Toast updates. Have you been able to resolve it? Roxio customer service has not been helpful with this problem to date. :glare:

I too am having this problem. I do have Intego Firewall installed, but disabled and still couldn't download.

4GadgetMan

Delete the Toast folder in Applications prior to the install attempt. Once the folder has been removed, install as usual.

WHY? I have Toast 10, 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 all in my applications folder with Toast 8 and 9.

WHY? I have Toast 10, 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 all in my applications folder with Toast 8 and 9

If you have multiple versions of the same major version within your applications folder, then you've most likely changed the name of the folder or file structure in order to keep each one separate.

I suggested deleting the old because an update is meant to replace an existing version, however, there is nothing wrong with simply renaming the existing folder to something else before attempting the install. Both would work.