Newbie - 7hrs To Burn 1 Film? Is This Right?

eden.eden

Question

5 answers to this question

Just realised that even though I select 'BETTER' setting - when I insert the dvd it comes up with default setting as 'BEST' - other options are '2x' and '1x' - I wrote an hour in '2x' in 9mins. - whats the difference between them?

Edited by eden.eden

Just realised that even though I select 'BETTER' setting - when I insert the dvd it comes up with default setting as 'BEST' - other options are '2x' and '1x' - I wrote an hour in '2x' in 9mins. - whats the difference between them?

There is a Good, Better and Best quality setting. There also is a Best setting for burning the disc which is entirely different. The latter "Best" means that Toast and the drive will determine the fastest available burn speed. Clicking on the button gives options for other speeds. Choose a speed after the disc is inserted and recognized.

I believe the Best quality setting turns on Half-Pel which is described in the Toast Help document. I can't confirm this however.