• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Convert Pal Dvd To Ntsc Dvd

vtrop

Question

Hi. I am looking for some advice on software to make the above conversion. I have a friend in England who over the last five years has home movies of his kids growing up. He gave his footage to a professional company and they made PAL DVD's with menus, chapters and transitions. He told me it looks beautiful. Now he is moving to the US and wants to have his PAL DVD's converted to NTSC DVD's including all the menus, chapters and transitions.

I have looked into this here and most programs I have found will transfer separate PAL files to NTSC and create a whole new DVD compilation, but that would lose all the menus, chapters and transitions he wants to keep. Other programs like Nero, will recode a DVD, but if you put in a PAL DVD, you get another PAL DVD. It will not convert the whole disc to NTSC. I have been told the Mac Roxio program Toast will do this, but I have a PC. Does anyone know if the Roxio Toast equivalent for PC, Creator 2009 will do this?

Are there any other programs free or pay that would do this job for me? Just to clarify, these are home movies of my friend's kids and it is not copyrighted. I look forward to any suggestions you might have. Thanks. Roy.

2 answers to this question

They are home made DVD's no region code, correct? ;)

Try this approach! ' Video disc playback system : NTSC, PAL' click the specifications tab'

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16882641008

If you don't like Philips, you should, they play everything... :)

Check the specifications tab on the others here.... http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...ame=DVD-Players

cd

I don't know of any software off hand that would convert a complete disc, including menus, from NTSC to PAL (or the other way around). Creator 2009 can't.

I second cd's suggestion of just getting a player that will play the disc they have. I have a Philips DVP5960, which is similar to the one he linked to, except it also has a USB port and an HDMI output. I got it for about $69. It's a great player. It plays everything I've thrown at it, including video files encoded in both NTSC and PAL.