• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc At Once (DAO) Recording Problem

I am using Cd Creator Basic (5.3.5.10) and have developed a problem in Disk At Once recording. There are no error messages during recording (everything looks normal), but when played there is no sound. It will show the CD Text - album title, track name, time - but no sound. I have tried 3 different media brands, but same result. If I do Track At Once everything is fine, except CD Text of course. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. Any suggestions?

TIA, Al

I am using Cd Creator Basic (5.3.5.10) and have developed a problem in Disk At Once recording. There are no error messages during recording (everything looks normal), but when played there is no sound. It will show the CD Text - album title, track name, time - but no sound. I have tried 3 different media brands, but same result. If I do Track At Once everything is fine, except CD Text of course. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. Any suggestions?

TIA, Al

I've never heard of this associated with Disc At Once writing, but one solution that has worked for people getting no sound on their Audio CDs is to locate the file: TRKWRITE.DLL, usually in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CDEngine directory, and delete it. Then do a reinstall in ECDC 5 to make sure that that file gets rewritten. I don't know if that will help or not since you say that writing in Track At Once mode works.

The only other thing I could suggest trying is to write your DAO project to a CD Image, then try writing the image to CD and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know if either of those helps.

Archived