When Pause Video Remove Arrow In Middle Of Screen

moosetracker

Question

I am trying to capture a screen image of a video being played. Problem is when I pause the video a gray arrow sites in the middle of the screen. The play button is on the bottom edge of the software, obviously I don't need it to restart, but it kills the screen image. How can I get rid of it?

7 answers to this question

There are several programs that can capture a video still, which one are you using? (hint look at the name in the top border)

Make sure your video drivers are up to date - check with the manufacture.

You may be looking at a Clean Install, but I would like to try to duplicate your problem first.

I like Snagit as once I have it I can write all over it and group several screen shots together and name it what I want. The OLDER videos work well, I have an older video on my laptop and refuse to upgrade because my main frame upgrades of Windows Media and Realtime can't save. Quicktime doesn't process the extension (wmv).. Roxio does, but when I pause just puts the arrow on the screen.

The problem is with the newer videos like the old Windows media works well the new one doesn't..

I think I did find I could do a copy of the photo, but it just through it out with an auto name, then I had to chase after it, bring it into snag-it so that I can write all over it. When you are doing heavy tutorial webcasts with lots of pictures and note taking that gets to be tedious.

There are several programs that can capture a video still, which one are you using? (hint look at the name in the top border)

Make sure your video drivers are up to date - check with the manufacture.

You may be looking at a Clean Install, but I would like to try to duplicate your problem first.

I am trying to capture a screen image of a video being played. Problem is when I pause the video a gray arrow sites in the middle of the screen. The play button is on the bottom edge of the software, obviously I don't need it to restart, but it kills the screen image. How can I get rid of it?

You're using CinePlayer. I have found the same thing happens to me, but I am not trying to do a screen image. The gray play arrow is a PITA, because I want to see all areas when I pause the video.

I can't tell for sure form your posts, but why not use a different player that doesn't display something on the screen. VLC is a good 'free' player, that plays just about any kind of video file out there. And it doesn't display anything on the screen while paused.

Edited by Larry

I can't tell for sure form your posts, but why not use a different player that doesn't display something on the screen. VLC is a good 'free' player, that plays just about any kind of video file out there. And it doesn't display anything on the screen while paused.

The older versions of CinePlayer didn't show the annoying play arrow. VLC is a good option.

I will try that.. It is just I have been trying other "free" players, and Snagit can't capture from them. Snagit CAN capture from Cineplayer but gets that arrow. I will though try the VLC (and hope). I just don't want to BUY another player, Cineplayer as part of my purchased bundle should give me the quality when I need it, and does except for the stupid arrow, which is fancy fluff, not needed, and seems to be an irritant for others as well as myself.

Is there a place I can make a suggestion to give us the option to turn it on or off on request?

The older versions of CinePlayer didn't show the annoying play arrow. VLC is a good option.

I will try that.. It is just I have been trying other "free" players, and Snagit can't capture from them. Snagit CAN capture from Cineplayer but gets that arrow. I will though try the VLC (and hope). I just don't want to BUY another player, Cineplayer as part of my purchased bundle should give me the quality when I need it, and does except for the stupid arrow, which is fancy fluff, not needed, and seems to be an irritant for others as well as myself.

Is there a place I can make a suggestion to give us the option to turn it on or off on request?

The arrow can't be stupid, because it is an inanimate object and does not have the ability to think. :):) (A joke)

It is irritating. You could contact Roxio, directly, by clicking on the Support tab, above.