• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

George1960

Near Successful, But Not Quite, Burn

Question

This is frustrating. Working through both My DVD and DVD Express, I've been trying to burn dvds from a production I made and saved in Video Wave. I successfully burned DVDs as recently as last week.

I bring the production in and starting the burn process. The task bars slowly work their way across the screen, and appear to reach their successful ends. However, this typically results in the DVD burner automatically ejecting the completed DVD. This doesn't happen. I have no error message from the software. I also have no data at all on the disc.

I've got two external DVD burners. Same problem with them both. I've tried a different brand of DVD, no change.

No one but me uses the computer, so settings could not have been changed.

Suggestions?

4 answers to this question

This is frustrating. Working through both My DVD and DVD Express, I've been trying to burn dvds from a production I made and saved in Video Wave. I successfully burned DVDs as recently as last week.

I bring the production in and starting the burn process. The task bars slowly work their way across the screen, and appear to reach their successful ends. However, this typically results in the DVD burner automatically ejecting the completed DVD. This doesn't happen. I have no error message from the software. I also have no data at all on the disc.

I've got two external DVD burners. Same problem with them both. I've tried a different brand of DVD, no change.

No one but me uses the computer, so settings could not have been changed.

Suggestions?

Try burning an .iso file, rather than directly to the disc:

burnisome6.gif

Then, in a separate step, right click your .iso image and burn the .iso file onto a disc.

Also, consider render using software rather than hardware (or the other way around if your project has failed with software rendering:

renderingfinno9.jpg

Edited by Syrallas

I was able to successfully burn by going the .iso route. Thank you very much for your help.

More info from my end...I had tried rendering via both software and hardware, no go.

I am able to burn a data disc via EMC 10.

I reinstalled the EMC 10 software, still can't successfully burn from My DVD or Express.

So, what changed? Am I forever committed to burning by the two-step .iso process now?

George

I was able to successfully burn by going the .iso route. Thank you very much for your help.

More info from my end...I had tried rendering via both software and hardware, no go.

I am able to burn a data disc via EMC 10.

I reinstalled the EMC 10 software, still can't successfully burn from My DVD or Express.

So, what changed? Am I forever committed to burning by the two-step .iso process now?

George

Glad it worked out.

What exactly do you mean by "I had tried rendering via both software and hardware, no go." You mean the same problems with both I assume? Usually one of them is faster, for me software, so I stick with that.

As for your question whether you are "forever committed to burning by the two-step .iso process", I'd suggest taking a look at this post. After reading it, you might not feel so bad about the Roxio two-step. ;)

P.S.:

I'm not someone who believes you can always find out why something works sometimes and not on other times. I'm just happy when I get the project done. :rolleyes:

I'm also thrilled when stuff simply works.

Yes, I had tried rendering via both hardware and software, and was getting the same non-result both ways. Meaning the task bars went through the entire process, but didn't actually burn a disc.

I can see the benefit of the .iso file in that if I need to make additional discs, which often happens with my work, I don't have to render the entire video again, I just have to transfer the .iso file. Still don't get what changed that caused all this, but I'm OK with running things this way.

Thanks again. I'm back in good graces with our daughter now that I have her choir's recent performance on DVD for all of them to watch.

George