• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jamps

Need Help

Question

I have been using PhotoShow for over five years so I had a lot of shows on my PC. I had a major PC crash and had to purchase a new computer. I have a very important show burned on a DVD and have been trying to import it into PhotoShow (5). I've tried every trick I know with no success. When I view the data on the DVD I see two files, video and audio. I would love to get this show back into PhotoShow but I am stuck. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I have been using PhotoShow for over five years so I had a lot of shows on my PC. I had a major PC crash and had to purchase a new computer. I have a very important show burned on a DVD and have been trying to import it into PhotoShow (5). I've tried every trick I know with no success. When I view the data on the DVD I see two files, video and audio. I would love to get this show back into PhotoShow but I am stuck. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks.

Since you didn't list "every trick" nor did you tell us about your computer competence, the following may be either redundant or too elementary.

Do you have files or folders on the DVD? If folders, what do you see in the folders? If folders, just try copying the folders to another folder named with something you'll remember.

Do you have any other video editing programs on your computer? If not, you probably still have or can download Windows Movie Maker (WMM) onto your computer. You should (might) be able to work with those folders/files with that program.

Now is the time to consider making sure your important computer files are backed up. Perhaps to an external hard drive (plug into a USB port). Some even come with backup software preinstalled. They are relatively inexpensive so that you can get a 500GB, 750GB, well under $100 or 1TB hard drive for just over $100. Inexpensive compared to the possibility of all those lost memories. (end sermon). :)

Edited by sknis