• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer, Arrrghhh!

WDLittle

Question

Like some of the others on here, I bought Toast 10 specifically so I could transfer from my TiVo to my MacBook. The first time I tried it, it worked just fine. Transfered an episode of 24 and I was happy. The next time I tried it ... no go. Same with every other time. It acts like it's going to go, but then stops with a few KB, a few MB or maybe even a few hundred meg transferred. That's it. No warning, no reasoning. Just decides it's upset with me and holds up a virtual middle-finger in my direction.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm running a wireless system, newer wireless-N router and this worked just fine on my PC prior to switching to the MacBook/Toast setup. Gettin' a tad bit flustered, here. :angry2:

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Like some of the others on here, I bought Toast 10 specifically so I could transfer from my TiVo to my MacBook. The first time I tried it, it worked just fine. Transfered an episode of 24 and I was happy. The next time I tried it ... no go. Same with every other time. It acts like it's going to go, but then stops with a few KB, a few MB or maybe even a few hundred meg transferred. That's it. No warning, no reasoning. Just decides it's upset with me and holds up a virtual middle-finger in my direction.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm running a wireless system, newer wireless-N router and this worked just fine on my PC prior to switching to the MacBook/Toast setup. Gettin' a tad bit flustered, here. :angry2:

Thanks!

Do you have the ability to try a wired connection, just for testing? I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't be able to use wireless, but it might give us a starting point to figure out the issue.

That said, downloading shows from the DVR is a very simple process that is equal to downloading a file from the web browser.

Secondly, using the current wireless setup, try the following:

1) Close TiVo Transfer and open your web browser

2) In the browser, connect to your DVR by going to https://192.168.1.101 (where 192.168.1.101 is the IP address of your TiVo). If you don't know the TiVo DVR IP address, you can locate it on the DVR by going to Messages and Settings --> Settings --> Phone and Network

3) If you get a security message, click accept or continue

4) You will see a login prompt, use "tivo" as your login and enter your media access key as the password.

5) Try downloading a file using the web UI and see if the download completes correctly

Thanks!

Where did you get the TiVo Transfer software? Did you have to download it separately? I have Toast 10 but I don't have TiVo Transfer and I don't know where to get it. Can you let me know please?

Where did you get the TiVo Transfer software? Did you have to download it separately? I have Toast 10 but I don't have TiVo Transfer and I don't know where to get it. Can you let me know please?

During the Toast setup there is a window asking if you want to activate the TiVo transfer option. You can start the setup process again by choosing it in Toast Help.

Ok as of yesterday I ran into the dreaded tivo transfer stuck on waiting and getting tired of having to reboot my tivo every 20 min to user the tivo transfer. I have tried the steps of uninstalling Toast 10 and the tivo transfer off of my G5 Mac and then reinstall it. The only way I am able to download the items is to directly log in using the \\https:\ip address. Yes I have downloaded the updates for Roxio toast 10 and getting the same tivo transfer stuck on waiting. Is there going to be a fix with this or are we going to be stuck having to use the \\https: method? I have been using the wired connection without any issues until yeserday

Thanks

Edited by nunzio