• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

16:9 Slideshow ? Menus are 16:9 but Pics are 4:3 ... Why ?

jgmatson

Question

I created a new 16:9 format project in myDVD, and the menus are indeed widescreen as expected. Whe I drop in 4:3 photos from my digital camera to create chapters of pics, they however are created in 4:3 format. I want them to be 16:9 even if it means black bars on the sides. so they wont be stretched to fill the screen when I view on my widescreen TV (it stretches all 4:3 and I cant turn off)

Any way I can get these chapters to come out widescreen like the menus ?

Thanx !

14 answers to this question

That's why we ALWAYS recommend using Videowave first. Same process. Create a Videowave 16:9 project. Drop in your 4:3. Done.

You can go farther by using Pan/zoom and make that 4:3 into 16:9. Yes, you will lose some resolution, but it does work. You can use any of the zoom features, but the ADVANCED allows key frames so you can keep the subject within the frame. The 'key' to key frames is to add a lot of them to keep the motion smooth. :)

Sorry to be such a pest but I do see that I can create a 16:9 movie clip section in VW8 by using the Add CineMagic movie option. And of course I can create the 16:9 slideshow using the New Slideshow option. Now what I cant figure out is how to create 2 or 3 and then link to myDVD to finish, seems like it will only do one SS or one CM movie, not a group.

What are the steps to create 1 slideshow and then 1 CM movie in VW8 and then what do I have to do to get them both into one myDVD production as two separate chapters ?

thanx as always !

I do not think it is a codec issue but a designed function. CineMagic is designed to do automatic cuts of various lengths to a video. The accompanying audio is supposed to be a music track that matches the theme that you want. The native audio would sound pretty bad and confusing with all the cuts, transitions, effects, etc.. Just do your own editing in VideoWave rather than trying to take a shortcut.

turns out the audio works fine if I import the .avi's using Add Photo/Video in VW8 instead of using new CineMagic Production. Must be a CODEC issue with CM !

Create Videowave project 1. Save

Create Vdieowave project 2. Save

Open MyDVD

Add Videowave Project 1.

Add Videowave Project 2.

This creates two separate 'buttons' so they can be played.

Thanx again. I'm now able to create multiple 16x9 projects now in VW8 and save them. Then when all chapters are done, I open myDVD and import to create 16x9 chapters as I wanted.

One last problem (I hope) - when I create a VW8 New CineMagic production by importing video clips from my digicam (.avi files) they come into VW8 ok, but WITHOUT the audio. Any idea why and how to keep the complete .avi files with audio ? The .avi's are fine, but when imported they loose the audio !

Thanx !

Thanx again. I'm now able to create multiple 16x9 projects now in VW8 and save them. Then when all chapters are done, I open myDVD and import to create 16x9 chapters as I wanted.

One last problem (I hope) - when I create a VW8 New CineMagic production by importing video clips from my digicam (.avi files) they come into VW8 ok, but WITHOUT the audio. Any idea why and how to keep the complete .avi files with audio ? The .avi's are fine, but when imported they loose the audio !

Thanx !

Are you capturing from you camcorder using a Firewire connection as required by EMC 8 capture or are you using USB? When you use USB, the audio does not get captured since EMC 8 thinks you are connected to a Web camera.

Are you capturing from you camcorder using a Firewire connection as required by EMC 8 capture or are you using USB? When you use USB, the audio does not get captured since EMC 8 thinks you are connected to a Web camera.

[/quot

no, these are .avi video clips shot with a digital camera. they play fine with audio by themselves, and if I add uusing myDVD. It is only when I import into VW8 that I loose the included audio !

thanx.

Most likely a codec issue. Just because the codec is useable by Windows Media Player does not mean that all other applications can use it or will use it. You also need to find out exactly what compression is being used. For example, my Fuji uses the AVI extension, but it's really using the Quick Time codecs. You may need to download a shareware conversion app.

Yes, first create the slideshow in a 16:9 Videowave project. Then add the Videowave project to MyDVD.

Oh yeah and you can also crop those pics to 16:9 using my fav little donate-ware application - Image Cropper.

Get it here

It's very easy to use. It does not over write the original image files by creating copies with a new filename.

Yes, first create the slideshow in a 16:9 Videowave project. Then add the Videowave project to MyDVD.

Oh yeah and you can also crop those pics to 16:9 using my fav little donate-ware application - Image Cropper.

Get it here

It's very easy to use. It does not over write the original image files by creating copies with a new filename.

Thanx a bunch, it works great.

Now another problem - right now I have the DVD menus, and digital pics slideshows in widescreen 16:9 as I want, but the movie clip (.AVI's from my digicam) chapter is in 4:3 (created in myDVD too). Is there a way to creat the movie clip chapter/movie in 16:9 ?

Thanx again.

That's why we ALWAYS recommend using Videowave first. Same process. Create a Videowave 16:9 project. Drop in your 4:3. Done.

You can go farther by using Pan/zoom and make that 4:3 into 16:9. Yes, you will lose some resolution, but it does work. You can use any of the zoom features, but the ADVANCED allows key frames so you can keep the subject within the frame. The 'key' to key frames is to add a lot of them to keep the motion smooth. :)

post-49-1147124364.jpg

Archived