Burn Dvd-r

bew

Question

I have a windows xp operating system with a sony cd burner when I follow instructions in the book enclosed in package. i click no menu and when I go to the next step it says incompatible cd. I followed instructions given to correct the problem 80% of the time but i must be in the 20 %. Need help not a computer wizard so I need simple explanatons

16 answers to this question

You want to try that again with a little more detail???

What instructions?

Your Topic Title says DVD your text says CD, which is it?

If it is Plug & Burn it must be a DVD.

Have you ever burned a DVD on your PC before? Are you absolutely sure you have blank DVD's? (you didn't format them somehow)

You want to try that again with a little more detail???

What instructions?

Your Topic Title says DVD your text says CD, which is it?

If it is Plug & Burn it must be a DVD.

Have you ever burned a DVD on your PC before? Are you absolutely sure you have blank DVD's? (you didn't format them somehow)

Instructions that are in the small booklet that came with the Easy VHS to DVD. Also yes I meant DVD and no I have not burned a DVD before and yes it is plug and burn. The usb cable is properly connected. Not sure what you mean by formatting them.

Instructions that are in the small booklet that came with the Easy VHS to DVD. Also yes I meant DVD and no I have not burned a DVD before and yes it is plug and burn. The usb cable is properly connected. Not sure what you mean by formatting them.

If you don't know what Format is, it isn't likely you did… One NEVER formats optical media for Authoring!

So it is possible that you don't even have a DVD burner???

Easy to check: press the Win-Pause keys, click the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.

Expand the DVD/CD-ROM driver section. What are the listings??? The 2 in this picture are my Burners on one PC.

post-39730-1238183488.jpg

The device should be plugged into the back ports of your PC!!!

Actually Plug & Burn is a very risky and poor way of doing video. None of the Guru's here use it and we have been at this game for many years…

It is better to Capture then use VideoWave for any editing and lastly use MyDVD for Authoring (burning) a DVD Movie. If no editing is desired, jump to MyDVD.

Really good idea to have a couple of DVD RW discs on hand for testing (learning?) and all disc should be good quality like Verbatim.

While you are in the Device Manager, expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section and make sure your drivers match those that cdanteek has posted at the top of this forum!

Captured video on my harddrive with no problem. Went to create DVD and previewd the captured video went to the burn menu and it began to go thru burn sequence but when I Put it in computer or DVD player I do not see anything on it. What is my problem?

Captured video on my harddrive with no problem. Went to create DVD and previewd the captured video went to the burn menu and it began to go thru burn sequence but when I Put it in computer or DVD player I do not see anything on it. What is my problem?

It would have been nice if you had got back on the post you have open http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry265625, instead of opening another one.

If you don't know what Format is, it isn't likely you did… One NEVER formats optical media for Authoring!

So it is possible that you don't even have a DVD burner???

Easy to check: press the Win-Pause keys, click the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.

Expand the DVD/CD-ROM driver section. What are the listings??? The 2 in this picture are my Burners on one PC.

post-39730-1238183488.jpg

The device should be plugged into the back ports of your PC!!!

Actually Plug & Burn is a very risky and poor way of doing video. None of the Guru's here use it and we have been at this game for many years…

It is better to Capture then use VideoWave for any editing and lastly use MyDVD for Authoring (burning) a DVD Movie. If no editing is desired, jump to MyDVD.

Really good idea to have a couple of DVD RW discs on hand for testing (learning?) and all disc should be good quality like Verbatim.

While you are in the Device Manager, expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section and make sure your drivers match those that cdanteek has posted at the top of this forum!

I am using DVD-R for this but I am unable to transfer captured video to DVD. It went thru the sequence on burn and completed 100% but will not play on DVD player or windows media player need help.

roxio easy vhs to dvd is not easy. can capture file but cant save them to move to mydvd to burn on disc. i know shouldnt have opened another thread to hell with that didnt get an answer to my other question. FIXya is the only place i could get any customer support!

Whenever you capture the file is saved!

Open capture and click on Browse. Write down where the default directory is, because unless you told it otherwise, all of your captures are alive and well and living there :lol:

Might help if you would check your poor attitude at the door... We are users helping fellow users and don't need your grief.

Whenever you capture the file is saved!

Open capture and click on Browse. Write down where the default directory is, because unless you told it otherwise, all of your captures are alive and well and living there :lol:

Might help if you would check your poor attitude at the door... We are users helping fellow users and don't need your grief.

sorry very frustraed with this product. not a computer whiz. how do I get the video file to the mydvd screen to be able to burn dvd. What are the steps very new to this. Need step by step instruction. sorry about attitude.

sorry very frustraed with this product. not a computer whiz. how do I get the video file to the mydvd screen to be able to burn dvd. What are the steps very new to this. Need step by step instruction. sorry about attitude.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=44108

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showforum=124

cd

Frustration can certainly feed the fires of Attitude :lol:

One of the hardest things for me to get used to is that while there are several ways to add a clip to an Editor, File – Open is not one of them :huh:

VideoWave is your Editor - The 2 easiest are to use the Add Photo/Video button or look at Tools and click the Show Media Selector button. Media will show your captured files and you can drag them to the Timeline or Storyline.

Save your Project when done.

MyDVD is the similar – Add New Movie button on left will allow clips or Saved VideoWave Projects…

But all of this is covered in the Help files for either program under Contents – Getting Started.

There is no such thing in Video as a Click & Smile program. It is complex stuff and you have to knuckle down at learn it. We can help with the rough spots.

Frustration can certainly feed the fires of Attitude :lol:

One of the hardest things for me to get used to is that while there are several ways to add a clip to an Editor, File – Open is not one of them :huh:

VideoWave is your Editor - The 2 easiest are to use the Add Photo/Video button or look at Tools and click the Show Media Selector button. Media will show your captured files and you can drag them to the Timeline or Storyline.

Save your Project when done.

MyDVD is the similar – Add New Movie button on left will allow clips or Saved VideoWave Projects…

But all of this is covered in the Help files for either program under Contents – Getting Started.

There is no such thing in Video as a Click & Smile program. It is complex stuff and you have to knuckle down at learn it. We can help with the rough spots.

when i go to mydvd the screen is black with not titlt menu ot anything what is the problem