• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help and Advice for installing EMC8

creeker69

Question

I am looking for some hints and help for loading EMC8. I have recently had scads of trouble successfully loading EMC8 Suite (8.05) and EMC8 Deluxe (8.06). I had so much trouble that I was going to do a complete windows install (format hard drive) and start from scratch. Instead I opted to swap out the hard drive for a new (and a little larger) hard drive.

So, I spent most of the day on Sunday, installing Win XP and then downloading every single update from Microsoft including SP2. I opted not to download Explorer 7.0. I will continue to use 6.0. I am running Windows Media Player 9.0. I have DirectX 9.0. I have a brand new Video card with 256 MB. Here's what Roxio says are requirements:

Minimum Requirements:

Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE (Service Pack 2), x64 Edition*; Win2K (SP 4 or later)

Music and data discs: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium III (or equiv.); 128 MB RAM

DVaD, slideshow or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.); 256 MB RAM

Video capture:1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.)

1 GB disk space for installation

9 GB hard disk space for copying DVD-Video discs

1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card.

DirectX 9 or higher

QuickTime 6.4

CD-ROM compatible drive

Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher

*Backup MyPC and DVDInfo Pro do not run on x64 systems

Optional:

CD or DVD Recordable drive

16-bit Windows compatible sound card and speakers

Internet connection (broadband recommended)

UPnP compliant home network router

OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire card (for use with DV camera) or video capture device

Internal floppy disk drive

The only thing I have not done yet is download QuickTime 6.4. I will do so before loading EMC8.

I once had EMC8 on my system. I really like the program. I use it mainly for VideoWave and MYDVD. Since I have a new hard drive, there can be no old Roxio files to interfere with the loading.

I am asking for help and advice from everyone from Newbies to Guru's. Most all problems with the running of EMC8 are related to Video Drivers or cards, or DirectX 9. I am covered there but am looking for any advice to make this a successful load and successful operation of the programs.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Ron

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived