• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No audio in DVD Creator 8

alandurham

Question

I'm losing audio, and will be grateful for any suggestions.

I have recorded programmes on a hard disc video recorder, specifically a Topfield PVR. The original files are in .rec format, and I use MPEG Streamclip to edit (cutting out adverts, overruns at beginning and end) and convert to MPEG2 format. The result plays OK in Windows Media Player, and I can use EMC8 to burn the file to DVD as a data disc. When I bring the file into MyDVD, then the audio disappears in Preview mode, and also if I try to burn to DVD as a proper DVD.

Does anyone have any ideas? It does not seem to be a hardware problem - in addition to the above, I can burn .wav files to an audio CD. I have also used Gspot to check the rendering, and that does not report any problems.

Thanks.

Alan

Cambridge, UK

12 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

If you import the file in Videowave, is there any audio for previewing? If you try to export the file into a different format from Videowave, does it have any audio?

Ivan

Hi Ivan

As far as I can see, VideoWave requires connection to hardware from which to import - I haven't had call to use VideoWave before.

If I copy my file and paste it into the right-hand box in VW, then it seems to be picked up OK, but there is no audio when previewed.

I can't see a button for outputting, so I've not been able to try that.

Do the Codecs look OK? The Hardware Manager lists a number of other Audio and Video Codecs, and the Details tab on the Properties for my test file shows that it uses Roxio MPEG Video Decoder and Cyberlink Audio Decoder(PCM...) - that's all that is visible, I'm afraid. Which decoders should it be using? I assume only certain ones are compatible with EMC8. Am I using the right ones?

Hope that this helps to take this a bit further forward.

Thanks.

Alan

Cambridge, UK

Hi Garey.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly, I think I spoke too soon.

As I said, I now seem to have synchronised sound in review mode in MyDVD 8, but the sound is still not coming out when I burn the project to a DVD.

I'm now completely bansatched! Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any further suggestions?

Thanks.

Alan

Guest ivanatrox

Videowave 8 does not require any hardware connection to import files, I think you might be at Media Import. If you go to Roxio Home -> Home tab -> Applications, Videowave should be listed on the right.

After you launch VW, you can click on Add Photo/Video to import the video files into VW. Once it's imported in VW, right click on it then choose Properties then go to Details tab. What's the Format and Compression for the Audio Stream?

Do you have another mpeg2 files from a different source that you can try to import in VW 8 and see if it has audio?

Ivan

If I copy my file and paste it into the right-hand box in VW, then it seems to be picked up OK, but there is no audio when previewed.

I can't see a button for outputting, so I've not been able to try that.

I'm not sure what you are doing with the copy/paste, but that is not how you should add a file to Videowave. As Ivan points out, you should be using the 'add photo/video'. Don't confuse 'import' with 'capture'. Those are two different things.

post-49-1147358251.jpg

Thanks Ivan and Gary.

I can't find VideoWave where you said, and I can't run it from within Windows Explorer. I'm using the Essentials version, not the full suite, so I guess that means I don't have VideoWave. Right?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Alan

A bit more information.

I have been using 'Add New Movie' in MyDVD 8. If I do this, there is no sound.

I have just tried using 'View/Media Selector' in MyDVD 8, and while there is no sound at the start of the film in Preview mode , if I move forward 10 minutes or so, then there is sound in Preview, although 5 seconds or so behind the video.

Does this take us forward at all?

Thanks.

Alan

Hi Ivan and Gary.

I think I've got it sorted.

Before my last post, I had rerun trhe EMC8 CD to repair the insatallation, which must be why I was getting sound, albeit out of synch. After my post, I found I was getting the same result when using 'Add New Movie' in MyDVD 8 - I'm afraid I hadn't checked this before posting. Sorry chaps.

I've now run dvrms hotfix, which seems to have brought audio and video back into synch.

Thanks very much for your interest and your help - it was nice to know that I wasn't trying to fathom this on my own.

Best wishes, and thanks again.

Alan

Guest ivanatrox

If you go to File -> Properties when you play the file in Windows Media Player, what are the video codec and audio codec listed?

Ivan

I can now write the end of this problem.

After my last post, I decided that life was too short to mess about with this software anymore, so I got a refund from the shop.

Meanwhile, I have found some freeware on the internet which does what I want it to, successfully, with full control over menu, buttons, etc (not the predetermined styles that EMC8 requires you to use), it works, and it was free. I am very pleased.

I must say that, like so many others, I was very disappointed with EMC8 - I have been using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 for several years and have always been very pleased with it.

Finally, thanks again to Gary and Ivan for trying to help.

Alan

I'm using the Essentials version, not the full suite,
Glad you got it working. There are several versions. In future posts, please be sure you post the correct version:

Easy Media Creator 8 Essentials, Standard or Deluxe Suite

MyDVD 8 Essentials or Premier

Videowave 8 (sold as separate application)

Both 'Essential' versions are very limited in features.

Archived