planetweckesser

Dvdit Pro Hd Changes Screen Resolution On A New Installation

Question

Recently I bought a new Sony Vaio laqptop AW-VGN 290 with 2.66 core duo processor, 4GB RAM, blu-ray burner. I have no problem with all my other software including Edius 5.01 for video editing and Procoder 3. When I install DVDit ProHD - version 6.4 (641B01A) - there is no problem with installation but when I go to run the program this message comes up "This program requires your desktop to be in 1024 x 768 resolution. Would you like DVDit Pro HD to change this automatically". I contacted Roxio support and they tell me to update my video drivers - however this computer is only 3 weeks old and according to windows update I have the latest drivers. They referred me to a BETA update of the drivers and I am reluctant to install that on an OEM installation for fear of messing up compatibility with other programs.'Has anyone else on here tried to instll DVDit ProHD on a laptop. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT and I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit) on the laptop.

14 answers to this question

What is the max resolution of the laptop? Windows Update usually doesn't update video drivers. Check at www.nvidia.com

What is the max resolution of the laptop? Windows Update usually doesn't update video drivers. Check at www.nvidia.com

The laptop native resolution is 1920 X 1080 - it was built for video editing and gaming and blu-ray disc playing. There are drivers listed for the laptop on the sony site - last one was from late Jan 2009. It is the same driver that is currently installed. The driver I found on the nvidia site is a beta driver and it states in the warnings that there may be problems if you try to use the driver with OEM installations (like Sony and Dell).

I have exactly the same problem. It is almost a year since the original post and I am hoping a solution has been found. I bought a Sony Vaio, Windows 7, all in one computer with all the bells and whistles about 3 weeks ago and upgraded to DvdIt HD Pro. I bought the disk and according to the documentation I have version 6.3. But from these forums it looks like 6.4 has been out for a while. Did I get an old version. How do I get the newer version and has this screen resolution problem been solved? Right now it keeps asking to automatically change the resolution and then seems to freeze when trying to load.

I have exactly the same problem. It is almost a year since the original post and I am hoping a solution has been found. I bought a Sony Vaio, Windows 7, all in one computer with all the bells and whistles about 3 weeks ago and upgraded to DvdIt HD Pro. I bought the disk and according to the documentation I have version 6.3. But from these forums it looks like 6.4 has been out for a while. Did I get an old version. How do I get the newer version and has this screen resolution problem been solved? Right now it keeps asking to automatically change the resolution and then seems to freeze when trying to load.

If you read the OP's post, he is also experiencing the resolution problem on 6.4. The update is only available via support request. However, the issue in question is related to drivers for the video chip. The application has difficulty profiling your video card information.

Does this mean that I can no longer use DvdIt.

No. It just means that 6.4 does not resolve the issue and is more related to your video driver and has nothing to do with DVDit.

Thanks for the input. But since my video drivers are up to date and I can't seem to get DvdIt Pro Hd to work with this new computer I am still thinking that I may not be able to use it anymore. I would love to find a way to resolve the issue since I am pretty used to working with DVDIT and have a DVD that I need to make. Also because I paid handsomely for the upgrade. I also find it curious that the only other posting I can see concerning this problem came from a Sony Vaio owner.

Thanks for the input. But since my video drivers are up to date and I can't seem to get DvdIt Pro Hd to work with this new computer I am still thinking that I may not be able to use it anymore. I would love to find a way to resolve the issue since I am pretty used to working with DVDIT and have a DVD that I need to make. Also because I paid handsomely for the upgrade. I also find it curious that the only other posting I can see concerning this problem came from a Sony Vaio owner.

I vaguely remember getting an email back from customer support at Roxio stating to the effect that DVDitProHD did not support the 1920X1080 resolution of the Vaio (I guess computer monitors are 1920x1200.

I have been working with phone tech support today. They had me change my resolution to the one DvdIt needed, then I had to change my color to 16 bit. DvdIt pro HD does now open, but I am not too sure about the way it looks on the screen. It is totally different than my previous version and I need to look through the manual for awhile.

I have been working with phone tech support today. They had me change my resolution to the one DvdIt needed, then I had to change my color to 16 bit. DvdIt pro HD does now open, but I am not too sure about the way it looks on the screen. It is totally different than my previous version and I need to look through the manual for awhile.

I don't remember the interface changing on the new version - after you changed the color to 16 bit could you go back and change the screen resolution back to 1920x1080?

After reading your comment I tried to keep my resolution and just change the color to 16 bit. Much better. I have a full screen on my 24 inch monitor. Now I just have to figure out the new program. It is very different from DVDIT 5 which I had been using. My hope is that once I get past the new screens I will figure it out without too much trouble, but that is another topic and another day. Thanks for the input, it helped a lot.

After reading your comment I tried to keep my resolution and just change the color to 16 bit. Much better. I have a full screen on my 24 inch monitor. Now I just have to figure out the new program. It is very different from DVDIT 5 which I had been using. My hope is that once I get past the new screens I will figure it out without too much trouble, but that is another topic and another day. Thanks for the input, it helped a lot.

Thank you for you input also - am anxious to try this out (when I get home from the office) on my Vaio laptop and see if I can finally load the program at the proper resolution. Once you changed the color to 16 bit did DVDitPROHD give you a prompt to lower the screen resolution or did it just go ahead and load without any error messages or prompts?

Addendum - tried it out and works beautifully! Once the program is open you can change back to 32 bit color if you want. Finally able to use DVDitProHD on my Vaio laptop at 1920X1080 resolution. Thanks for your help - it has been almost a year since my original post.

Edited by planetweckesser

Thank you for you input also - am anxious to try this out (when I get home from the office) on my Vaio laptop and see if I can finally load the program at the proper resolution. Once you changed the color to 16 bit did DVDitPROHD give you a prompt to lower the screen resolution or did it just go ahead and load without any error messages or prompts?

Addendum - tried it out and works beautifully! Once the program is open you can change back to 32 bit color if you want. Finally able to use DVDitProHD on my Vaio laptop at 1920X1080 resolution. Thanks for your help - it has been almost a year since my original post.

While on spring break vacation recently I left my edius program open on my Vaio laptop, closed the lid and it went into hibernate mode and then froze the computer - I must have corrupted some files in the operating system and the computer did not operate properly so I had to do a complete reinstall of the operating system and all the original programs that came with the computer (you can do this on the Vaio with one click after rebooting and pressing F10). To make a long story short - after reinstalling DVDitProHD the program now works perfectly under 32 bit - no error message asking to change screen resolution - I have an idea there were some conflicts with other programs I had installed on the computer.