• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD SS works on DVD player but not other persons Computer

dunleyg

Question

Hi, I just did a DVD slideshow using Video Wave and MYDVD. The DVD worked fine on my stand alone DVD player, and will Play on the computer that produced the DVD, BUT if I take the DVD to a friends house (who does not have any roxio products) it wont play at all. I looked at the DVD and it has 2 Directories, ROXIOPLASMA, and VIDEO_TS. inside the diectories had files with generic icons rather than icons that are assosiated with a video program. What did I miss?

3 answers to this question

Hi, I just did a DVD slideshow using Video Wave and MYDVD. The DVD worked fine on my stand alone DVD player, and will Play on the computer that produced the DVD, BUT if I take the DVD to a friends house (who does not have any roxio products) it wont play at all. I looked at the DVD and it has 2 Directories, ROXIOPLASMA, and VIDEO_TS. inside the directories had files with generic icons rather than icons that are associated with a video program. What did I miss?

Nothing - If your friends DVD won't play a DVD that yours will, then your Friends DVD player doesn't like the disc format (plus or dash) or a RW if that is what you used or plain old won't play home burned disc. Get that friend to look at the manual to see which it is. Also get a can of clean air and have the Friend clean out the inside of the player with it. Be careful and protract your eyes; you don't know what will blow out of that unit.

umm maybe, Its a Dell computer with a tsscorp TS-H492C DVD drive that supports + and - reads and - writes. The DVD Media TDK -RW I have is a - and it was burnt on a Sony DVD multiformart drive. Here is the Link to my friends DVD drive http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/stor...44/en/intro.htm. In the "friends"" computer I can read the DVD directory and the files just fine fine, its just that the file type is unknown. Because the Media is -RW did I have to finalize the disk?

I misunderstood. I thought that your friend had a stand alone DVD that didn't work. What programs does you friend have on the computer to play DVDs? The friend my not have the correct codecs to play the DVD.

No, you did not have to finalize the RW (if you made the disc using MyDVD) as shown by the ability of your standalone being able to play it.

umm maybe, Its a Dell computer with a tsscorp TS-H492C DVD drive that supports + and - reads and - writes. The DVD Media TDK -RW I have is a - and it was burnt on a Sony DVD multiformart drive. Here is the Link to my friends DVD drive http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/stor...44/en/intro.htm. In the "friends"" computer I can read the DVD directory and the files just fine fine, its just that the file type is unknown. Because the Media is -RW did I have to finalize the disk?

Archived