• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Question on continous loop DVD

smr15012

Question

I am a newbie to this forum and Creator Classic and need some help. I have figured out how to create a slideshow and add background music to it, but is there a way that I can burn it to a DVD and have it play on a continous loop?

I burnt one on a CD/RW but it would not play on the DVD player hooked up to my TV but plays fine on computer.

I was wondering if I burnt it onto an actual DVD disc will it play on the TV screen and can I set it up so that it play continously for a hours?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oh I am using Roxio Media Creator 7

Susan

11 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
I can not seem to find anything like that here. I will check back here tomorrow to see what you find out.

Susan

Susan,

Are you using Easy Media Creator 7 or VideoWave 7 Pro? Which version are you using ( under Help\ About\ Build no.)? Have you seen if there are any updates for your version under Software Updates on the left?

When you take your production into DVD Builder, click on Burn, then the Show Advanced Settings at the bottom of that Burn box. Now near the bottom of that expanded box, do you have the option " After a title finishes playing"? Different versions have different options.

Good luck, and let us know. If it is not a Retail version, upgrade to 7.5 or version 8 Deluxe.

Ok I have upgraded to Roxio Media Creator 8 (now I have to teach myself all over again!)

I have a couple questions but I will post it under the Media 8 Category.

Susan,

Are you using Easy Media Creator 7 or VideoWave 7 Pro? Which version are you using ( under Help\ About\ Build no.)? Have you seen if there are any updates for your version under Software Updates on the left?

When you take your production into DVD Builder, click on Burn, then the Show Advanced Settings at the bottom of that Burn box. Now near the bottom of that expanded box, do you have the option " After a title finishes playing"? Different versions have different options.

Granpa Bruce must have posted that information at the same time I was typing yesterday, because I never saw it! I don;t even know what I was referring to when I typed that but mine is a bit different.

I am using Easy Media Creator 7 and when I go to the advanced burn setting below where the bar says "fit to disc" the next item is it says STANDARD: then a drop down box with the options of either

NTSC or PAL (which I have no idea what that means!)

Then there is a box underneath that has the option of picking a recording format of either DVD-VIDEO or +VR

Those are the only options I have....so now what do I do!

Thanks!

(I tried to copy the photo of my setting box like gandpa did but it would not let me)

Guest mlpasley

Open EMC7. Under Extras & Utilities (bottom right hand corner) choose Roxio Updater.

I think the ability to play next title was included in the update to 7.0, but I'm not certain.

Anyone else remember?

Open EMC7. Under Extras & Utilities (bottom right hand corner) choose Roxio Updater.

I think the ability to play next title was included in the update to 7.0, but I'm not certain.

Anyone else remember?

I am not sure, but I think that you are right. My picture is from 7.5, but there were no changes in VideoWave and DVD Builder from 7.1.1.189 to 7.5.

Granpa Bruce must have posted that information at the same time I was typing yesterday, because I never saw it! I don;t even know what I was referring to when I typed that but mine is a bit different.

I am using Easy Media Creator 7 and when I go to the advanced burn setting below where the bar says "fit to disc" the next item is it says STANDARD: then a drop down box with the options of either

NTSC or PAL (which I have no idea what that means!)

Then there is a box underneath that has the option of picking a recording format of either DVD-VIDEO or +VR

Thanks!

(I tried to copy the photo of my setting box like gandpa did but it would not let me)

Did that software come with a DVD burner or with a computer? If so, it is a stripped down version of the suite, and to get the full functions, you will have to upgrade.

I am not sure, but I think that you are right. My picture is from 7.5, but there were no changes in VideoWave and DVD Builder from 7.1.1.189 to 7.5.

Did that software come with a DVD burner or with a computer? If so, it is a stripped down version of the suite, and to get the full functions, you will have to upgrade.

The software is on my computer at work and I don't know if it came with it or someone loaded it on ( I have only been here 6 months) but I can not find any of the original software.

I am going to go check out the upgrade section now.

Thx!

The software is on my computer at work and I don't know if it came with it or someone loaded it on ( I have only been here 6 months) but I can not find any of the original software.

I am going to go check out the upgrade section now.

Thx!

Good luck, and let us know. If it is not a Retail version, upgrade to 7.5 or version 8 Deluxe.

Susan, Burn your production to the disc using DVD Builder. (Do not use Creator Classic) When you open DVD Builder, make sure you select the type of project. VCD or SVCD. They should play on a stand alone DVD player that will play that type of disc. Not all will. Use the same method but select DVD if you are going to burn the disc to a DVD. It will play on most players as long as the DVD player will play the plus R, dash R or DVD RW. Some players refuse to play any home burned discs. To increase the chances, when you use DVD Builder, select burn to image file (iso) and uncheck the other settings. After that completes, copy the iso file to your disc using Disc Copier. I have to check my other computer to see if you have the options to "return to movie" rather then return to menu after playing the movie.

I am a newbie to this forum and Creator Classic and need some help. I have figured out how to create a slideshow and add background music to it, but is there a way that I can burn it to a DVD and have it play on a continous loop?

I burnt one on a CD/RW but it would not play on the DVD player hooked up to my TV but plays fine on computer.

I was wondering if I burnt it onto an actual DVD disc will it play on the TV screen and can I set it up so that it play continously for a hours?

Susan

Susan

I think this should work for you. In the advanced burn settings in DVD Builder, in the After A Title Finishes Playing, drop down box, select Repeat Title, and you should be good to go.

I would suggest burning to an image file (ISO), then to a DVD, using Disc Copier.

Edit: Dang, it must have taken me longer to doctor my picture than I thought. You beat me to the punch, Steve. LOL

post-81-1147119638.jpg

Susan, Burn your production to the disc using DVD Builder. (Do not use Creator Classic) When you open DVD Builder, make sure you select the type of project. VCD or SVCD. They should play on a stand alone DVD player that will play that type of disc. Not all will. Use the same method but select DVD if you are going to burn the disc to a DVD. It will play on most players as long as the DVD player will play the plus R, dash R or DVD RW. Some players refuse to play any home burned discs. To increase the chances, when you use DVD Builder, select burn to image file (iso) and uncheck the other settings. After that completes, copy the iso file to your disc using Disc Copier. I have to check my other computer to see if you have the options to "return to movie" rather then return to menu after playing the movie.

Ok I think I can figure that out, but I am new at this burning stuff!! I know in power point there is an actual option to choose making it play in a continous loop but I can not seem to find anything like that here. I will check back here tomorrow to see what you find out.

I appreciate all the help and I am sure I will have more questions before I finish this project! I am trying to make a video to play at my nieces graduation party, so I have my work cut out for me!

Susan

Archived