Sign in to follow this  
gramma

Simple Star Photoshow Version 5 Theme Packs

Question

I recently reformatted my hard drive, and before loading software, would like to know if I should try reloading my Simple Star Photoshow version 5, and if the old license keys work. I had purchased all of the additional theme packs as well. Should I install the version 5 software (new license key offered) from the Roxio website, or use my old installation disk from Simple Star, with the old license keys, and all of the theme packs (and license keys)? I intend to also install the Roxio desktop version 6.

11 answers to this question

You could try the old program and see if it works, somehow I don't think it will. If it doesn't then you can install Roxio's v5 that you said was offered to you. How long ago was the old Simple Star Photoshow working?

You could try the old program and see if it works, somehow I don't think it will. If it doesn't then you can install Roxio's v5 that you said was offered to you. How long ago was the old Simple Star Photoshow working?

Thanks for replying! I reloaded my old Simple Star Photoshow 5 software on my computer in March 2008. It worked fine. Roxio purchased the title, and there were some issues with running it for a while, but then it was working fine up until 2 days ago, when I had to reformat my hard drive. I lost everything when I did that, and don't know if I should try reloading the original software. My only concern, really, is the old theme packs, all of which I'd purchased through Simple Star, and worked in that version. I have a disk with the original program and all of the theme packs, and my original registration keys. I also have downloaded the installation program from Roxio of both versions 5 and 6, and have installed version 6. I had archived some of my old photoshows, and can open them in version 6, and also I can download the shows I had stored on the photoshow sharing site. I would just like to use all of the options in version 5. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Thanks for replying! I reloaded my old Simple Star Photoshow 5 software on my computer in March 2008. It worked fine. Roxio purchased the title, and there were some issues with running it for a while, but then it was working fine up until 2 days ago, when I had to reformat my hard drive. I lost everything when I did that, and don't know if I should try reloading the original software. My only concern, really, is the old theme packs, all of which I'd purchased through Simple Star, and worked in that version. I have a disk with the original program and all of the theme packs, and my original registration keys. I also have downloaded the installation program from Roxio of both versions 5 and 6, and have installed version 6. I had archived some of my old photoshows, and can open them in version 6, and also I can download the shows I had stored on the photoshow sharing site. I would just like to use all of the options in version 5. Thanks for any advice you can give.

I really don't know if it will work or not, but I wouldn't think you have anything to loose by trying it. I don't think you could interchange the projects between the two products but you should be able to continue using it by itself. If you were able to use it up to resently I see no reason why it wouldn't continue working if you re-install it. Let me know how you make out.

I really don't know if it will work or not, but I wouldn't think you have anything to loose by trying it. I don't think you could interchange the projects between the two products but you should be able to continue using it by itself. If you were able to use it up to resently I see no reason why it wouldn't continue working if you re-install it. Let me know how you make out.

Unfortunately, it did not work. I installed the download offered on the web site, and it worked, but I could not get my old shows, nor download shows from my show sharing site. I then tried reinstalling the older software, but Roxio must have some security hidden in the program that prevents it from being reinstalled once it has been installed, because when I tried installing the software, it changed the icon to a text icon, and would not open. I received an error message saying in effect that Photoshow 5 was not a win 32 program. I then uninstalled the program and tried downloading from Roxio again, and reinstalling, but the same thing happened: error message, different icon, would not open. I uninstalled it again, went to the Roxio customer service site, and submitted a service ticket. If things go the way they seem to for people who ask Roxio for help, I am not expecting much from the Customer service people. I hope someone here can be of some service. Thank you. Oh, by the way, after I'd downloaded the installation program the first time, out of curiosity, I tried downloading the theme packs, and I was able to download those, but I didn't try them out, before all the other issues surfaced. Now all I have is the inferior Roxio Photoshow version 6.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I hope you get some help from Roxio Support or that someone will visit this site and have an idea what to do. Sorry I wasn't able to help. :unsure:

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I hope you get some help from Roxio Support or that someone will visit this site and have an idea what to do. Sorry I wasn't able to help. :unsure:

Am I to understand that IF for some reason I have to reinstall my BOUGHT Simple Star disc and my BOUGHT theme packs that they will not work? That's absurd if that's the case. And if that happens I hope Roxio will be ready and willing to reemburse me for the monies I have already forked out for my Photshow, all the upgrades and theme packs.

Am I to understand that IF for some reason I have to reinstall my BOUGHT Simple Star disc and my BOUGHT theme packs that they will not work? That's absurd if that's the case. And if that happens I hope Roxio will be ready and willing to reemburse me for the monies I have already forked out for my Photshow, all the upgrades and theme packs.

As I said, I have not idea, maybe you should contact Roxio and ask them. <_<

I contacted Roxio support, but have not as yet heard back. That was over a week ago, and I miss my old Simple Star Photoshow program.

I contacted Roxio support, but have not as yet heard back. That was over a week ago, and I miss my old Simple Star Photoshow program.

i had problem with photoshow 6 desktop version,i reinstalled photoshow 5 disc i bought from simplestar just before roxio took over,i have had no problems installing and getting back all my add-ons i had bought.i went into my roxio account and redownloaded missing add-ons for some reason my key did not work on disc version of add-ons,but worked when i downloaded from my account page. :rolleyes:

i had problem with photoshow 6 desktop version,i reinstalled photoshow 5 disc i bought from simplestar just before roxio took over,i have had no problems installing and getting back all my add-ons i had bought.i went into my roxio account and redownloaded missing add-ons for some reason my key did not work on disc version of add-ons,but worked when i downloaded from my account page. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you finally had success............ :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you finally had success............ :rolleyes:

I finally heard from Support and they told me to reinstall my disk version, which I did, and it worked. I am happy to have my old version back, but noticed one problem: when I opened the shows I'd previously uploaded to the show sharing site, and downloaded back to myself, some of the music did not download, and is no longer available through the program. I had to add different music. In some cases, it was actually an improvement, since I added my own mp3 tracks. Took a lot of work, and I still don't have every show back (I had 39 posted, and some never got posted since they were made with my own music, and at the time I made them the program didn't support posting the slideshows with music not in the program). I had archived some of these shows, and was able to import them into the program. :rolleyes: