Installation Of Easy Vhs To Dvd

spe

Question

I am having difficulty installing Easy VHS to DVd. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times. I can currently find both of the programs on my list of programs to install or uninstall (roxio Video Capture driver and video capture usb), but not on my start up menu or on my desktop. I can find no way to run the program. What do I do now? Thanks!

14 answers to this question

I can totally concur with the recomendation to remove and re-install (clean) If you can't get to that particular folder and file then you definitely have a bad install.

Frank...

I have tried the clean install and the same thing has resulted. There is no shortcut on my desktop. It is not listed on my start menu as a program. I can find "Roxio Video Capture USB Driver" listed with programs when I go to uninstall, but nothing else. It seems as if this is not the program, but the device driver. I can find nowhere to start it up. Any ideas?

I have tried the clean install and the same thing has resulted. There is no shortcut on my desktop. It is not listed on my start menu as a program. I can find "Roxio Video Capture USB Driver" listed with programs when I go to uninstall, but nothing else. It seems as if this is not the program, but the device driver. I can find nowhere to start it up. Any ideas?

Spe: Like to have a little more info – I just spent 2 days working on a similar problem…

XP or Vista?

I ended up re-formatting and did it twice before the silly thing installed. I spent 6 hours working on it today.

So we can forget about the 'clean install' and just format the hard drive and reinstall Windows ?

It does seem a little extreme, doesn't it Jim? If only we could persuade Sonic to forget new 'extras' and 'simplifying the suite' for a season, and just concentrate on a simple, clean, installer/uninstaller. That would be excellent, and I'm sure it would bring back all the long-time fans who are considering going elsewhere.

Sounds like a for the Clean Install process…

Vista

XP

The trick to Clean Install is to print it out so it is by your side and follow it step by step using the More or Less method. (Don't do More than it says and don't do Less!)

When you reach the Install part, be sure you have the instructions that came with the program in your hand and follow them to the letter.

So we can forget about the 'clean install' and just format the hard drive and reinstall Windows ?

It does seem a little extreme, doesn't it Jim? If only we could persuade Sonic to forget new 'extras' and 'simplifying the suite' for a season, and just concentrate on a simple, clean, installer/uninstaller. That would be excellent, and I'm sure it would bring back all the long-time fans who are considering going elsewhere.

I love it, when you preach to the choir. :) You are, of course, correct.

No worry, just go to start, go into your programs, it is listed there-and then just open it up from there. Hope this helps you-good luck

I have tried that, but have not had success. They are not listed under all programs, but are listed when I go to install or uninstall programs. What would I open?

I have tried that, but have not had success. They are not listed under all programs, but are listed when I go to install or uninstall programs. What would I open?

TRY THIS--

Open up Windows Explorer--and under Local Disk (C:) go to C:\Program Files\Roxio Easy VHS to DVD\RoxioCentral4 and on the right side of the screen you should see a file named RoxioCentralFx.exe (should be a small partially yellow colored star). Right click on that file and then click on "Send To" from the drop down menu, then click on "Desktop (Create Short Cut).

That should put a short cut on your desk top that will open up the VHS to DVD program. Odd that when you installed the program that it didn't place an Icon on the desktop for that same purpose. ??

I love it, when you preach to the choir. :) You are, of course, correct.

It is possible there was a corruption in my original download??? I downloaded again and it worked after the second reformat.

Now that is weak, because the original did work, very first time! I don't see how a file sitting on a HD and burned to disc suddenly goes bad??? These are bits & bytes, not fresh fruit!

But I agree 110% - folks shouldn't have to jump through hoops like that just to install a program!

Spe: Like to have a little more info – I just spent 2 days working on a similar problem…

XP or Vista?

I ended up re-formatting and did it twice before the silly thing installed. I spent 6 hours working on it today.

vista

TRY THIS--

Open up Windows Explorer--and under Local Disk (C:) go to C:\Program Files\Roxio Easy VHS to DVD\RoxioCentral4 and on the right side of the screen you should see a file named RoxioCentralFx.exe (should be a small partially yellow colored star). Right click on that file and then click on "Send To" from the drop down menu, then click on "Desktop (Create Short Cut).

That should put a short cut on your desk top that will open up the VHS to DVD program. Odd that when you installed the program that it didn't place an Icon on the desktop for that same purpose. ??

My computer does not recognize that address. The farthest I can get is C:\Program Files\Roxio. After that, all I can get is a Video Capture USB file.

Archived