Install/uninstall Error

I install Roxio CD&DVD creator 6 on my Dell P4 2GB RAM XP SP3 system.

Last week I began getting C++ runtime library (Roxio) error messages every time I restarted the computer.

I tried disabling drag to disc, figuring that was the source of the problem, to no avail.

Today I tried to un-install Creator 6 and got the message installer suspended, un-able to uninstall. Do you want to undo suspension? I clicked yes. and uninstall continued. Next I checked Windows add/remove programs and Creator 6 was still there. I tried to uninstall again and got the same messages. Next I tried to re-install Creator 6, with the intention of uninstalling the fully installed version.

The install froze on Roxio Update Manager. I tried closing it, but it kept popping up. I rebooted my computer and the installer keeps popping up every few minutes. I have now tried to install Update Manager, uninstall Update Manager and nothing works.

The installer keeps popping up every few minutes, but never completes. This prevents me from doing a (it just happened again) nything else with the computer. I have to hit cancel about 15 times before it will stop (the installer).

These are the error messages I get

Fatal Error

Internal Error 2755, 1601

C:\Windows\Installer\59677.msi

I looked for this directory/file (hidden) and it is not on C:

I looked at the files on the installation CD figuring that I could copy it into the Installer directory, but it is not there as a seperate file. Most likely it is in the .cab file. I am stuck.

I can't install or un-install. just watch and hit cancel 15 times every time it happens. Is there a registry entry that tells the installer to start, to give me at least some temporary peace, until the rest of this issue is resolved? Is there a permanent solution that you know of?

Thanks for any advice

Charles1957B

Thanks Jim

I will try this and ge (ooops there it goes again) t back to you

After several attempts to re-install, I finally used a Windows restore point to go back before this began. Installed and promptly un-installed. A half a dozen Roxio sub-programs are left in my Add/Remove Programs panel, but I'm not going to mess with them. My computer is usable again. I have a feeling that CD&DVD Creator 6 was not written for XP. The results for me we're a near miss to an infinite loop. Thanks Jim :)

After several attempts to re-install, I finally used a Windows restore point to go back before this began. Installed and promptly un-installed. A half a dozen Roxio sub-programs are left in my Add/Remove Programs panel, but I'm not going to mess with them. My computer is usable again. I have a feeling that CD&DVD Creator 6 was not written for XP. The results for me we're a near miss to an infinite loop. Thanks Jim :)

Then there is something else wrong with your PC… I used V6 for many years with XP and never had a problem.

You should start thinking about when you are going to reformat your HD. Things don't get better with PC's over time :lol:

• 1 year later...

Very interesting!

I installed EMC6 by mistake - thinking it was Creator 2009 Spec. Edition. Then I uninstalled EMC6 - got a message to delete some folders manually and some registry entries as well. Did my best to follow.

Later I went to install Creator 2009 SE, but it stopped at the 'setup' phase with this error : "Setup ecnountered an error... code - 000D." Then it stopped the install. After several tries I went to the Roxio Net with a help request. The request has not been answered for about a day now, so I searched the Community Forum for help.

This discussion appears to offer a promising solution, since it seems that I have not yet 'uninstalled' EMC6. So I will try this out for a fix and report my findings to you.

Thanks so much for the 'Clarity' of your discussion!

CPPGUY

Compaq EVO D51C/ 500GB/ 2GB Ram/2.4 Ghz Clock/ Xp Pro SP3/ Ver 2002

Archived