• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jbblount

uninstall or disable drag to disc on downloaded version

Question

can someone please tell me how to remove drag to disc from my computer and still have the rest of emc 8. here is my problem. when i place any disc usually an audio cd into the drive. nothing happens. then i go to my computer to see if shows up. it does not. then "my computer" stops responding. then i get a black screen. then i have to turn computer off manually. please help if anyone has any idea of anything that might help. i uninstalled emc 8 and everything was fine so i know it has something to do with the program. i suspect its drag to disc.

8 answers to this question

can someone please tell me how to remove drag to disc from my computer and still have the rest of emc 8. here is my problem. when i place any disc usually an audio cd into the drive. nothing happens. then i go to my computer to see if shows up. it does not. then "my computer" stops responding. then i get a black screen. then i have to turn computer off manually. please help if anyone has any idea of anything that might help. i uninstalled emc 8 and everything was fine so i know it has something to do with the program. i suspect its drag to disc.

You can disable via msconfig, or I think that you can go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to EMC 8, select Change, and uninstall D2D, there. I know you can do this step if you have the Retail version.

You can disable via msconfig, or I think that you can go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to EMC 8, select Change, and uninstall D2D, there. I know you can do this step if you have the Retail version.

i'v already tried msconfig. that didn't help. i tried add/remove programs uninstalling d2d wasn't an option. i don't have a retail version. i downloaded it. have you got anymore ideas?

i'v already tried msconfig. that didn't help. i tried add/remove programs uninstalling d2d wasn't an option. i don't have a retail version. i downloaded it. have you got anymore ideas?

I Used this on EMC 9 and it didn' work,(still running in background). Sorry for posting a year later!

DD- How to disable Drag-to-Disc from loading automatically

Rate this article:

Article Details

ID Number: EE7000020

Products: Easy Media Creator 7

Windows 2000 Professional

Windows XP Home Edition

Windows XP Professional

Issue

How to disable the Drag-to-Disc icon from displaying in your system tray.

Resolution..........................

Doesn't work, just kills ICON

Edited by sierratech.net

Didn't work anyway..............

Does too :lol:

At least on my machine - did you remember to give the three finger salute to get Task Manager up and stop D2D before removing it in add/remove programs?

I got rid of Drag to Disc because it wants to override anything you want to do with a CD or DVD using Windows Explorer. For example, if you want to drag data files to a CD (very simple with Explorer). Drag to Disc would prevent that. It also prevented erasing a CD using Windows.

So, I uninstalled EMC8 and re-installed it using custom install and omitted Drag to Disc. Everything works fine now.

No, msconfig (despite Roxio's recommendation) will not work. I think it only disables it for the current session. As sonn as you boot up again, Drag to Disc is there because of the startup.

I didn't try it, but you might try msconfig and go to the Startup tab to remove Drag to Disc. I found just reinstalling without Drag to Disc worked fine.

It has been almost 4 months since the OP was even here, so I doubt he will read you post.

Just as well as your info about msconfig is completely wrong. If you disable DrgToDsc.exe in msconfig, it will NEVER start again until you re-enable it in msconfig!

If yours did, it is because you may have indivertibly restarted it, but it cannot change msconfig on its' own.

All things considered we are all relieved to see that D2D was dropped in V10. Nero is dropping theirs as well.