Sign in to follow this  
kramer11x

Creator 2009 And Sil Sata Drives

Question

Horror story. I had and used Easy Cd and DVD creator 6 for years and was perfectly happy with it as it did everything I needed without a lot of useless bells and whistles. I replaced my motherboard and started reinstalling all the software. When I tried to load creator 6 it wouldn't. The disk would no longer read in any cd or dvd drive. I called Roxio and they said "tough luck", they don't do replacement disks for even for legally purchased registered products. So I bought Creator 9 which included 9000 things I didn't need just so I could creat CDs and DVDs. When I tried to install it on my system it trashed the boot drive. Many weeks of phone calls to Roxio, ASUS and Silicon Image finally isolated the problem to a bug in Creator 9 which would not allow it to work with a SATA boot drive with the Silicon Image SATA drivers. Again Roxio's response was "tough luck". Since it took more than a month to figure out the problem they would not allow a return and refund. Now I have well over $100 invested in Roxio software which is all useless.

SOOOOO

I still need a reliable program to create CDs and DVDs, including to/from iso images. Will Creator 2009 work with Silicon Image Sata drivers? If I buy it and it doesn't how can I get my money back? I definitely want some kind of "WRITTEN" guarantee before I try again.

Jack Kramer

University of Florida

3 answers to this question

30 day return on the product bought from the Roxio site....

Purchase by Phone

Our representatives are here to answer any pre-sales questions you may have. Please call 1-877-MY-ROXIO (1-877-697-6946) (Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays) .

cd

Horror story. I had and used Easy Cd and DVD creator 6 for years and was perfectly happy with it as it did everything I needed without a lot of useless bells and whistles. I replaced my motherboard and started reinstalling all the software. When I tried to load creator 6 it wouldn't. The disk would no longer read in any cd or dvd drive. I called Roxio and they said "tough luck", they don't do replacement disks for even for legally purchased registered products. So I bought Creator 9 which included 9000 things I didn't need just so I could creat CDs and DVDs. When I tried to install it on my system it trashed the boot drive. Many weeks of phone calls to Roxio, ASUS and Silicon Image finally isolated the problem to a bug in Creator 9 which would not allow it to work with a SATA boot drive with the Silicon Image SATA drivers. Again Roxio's response was "tough luck". Since it took more than a month to figure out the problem they would not allow a return and refund. Now I have well over $100 invested in Roxio software which is all useless.

SOOOOO

I still need a reliable program to create CDs and DVDs, including to/from iso images. Will Creator 2009 work with Silicon Image Sata drivers? If I buy it and it doesn't how can I get my money back? I definitely want some kind of "WRITTEN" guarantee before I try again.

Jack Kramer

University of Florida

You need to contact Roxio, via the information that cdanteek gave you. None of the folks here, work for Roxio. This is a users forum.

Once in awhile, a Roxio person will drop in. You will be able to tell them from us. They will have a Roxio logo by their name.

That is a pretty tall tail to swallow… :D:D

Program has been out for 6 months and you are the only one claiming this?

But as gpb and cd have advised, you will have to contact Roxio.

Sign in to follow this