DragToDisc Backup MyPC

harrypatterson

Question

Backup MyPC will not run with DragToDisc loaded. If I exit DragToDisc from the system tray the backup runs fine. Not very convenient to say the least. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a workaround?

Using the download version of EMC8

Creator Classic version 8.0.5.74

Drag to Disc version 8.0.5.54

Backup MyPC version 4.10.77.2

Thanks,

Harry

3 answers to this question

Backup MyPC will not run with DragToDisc loaded. If I exit DragToDisc from the system tray the backup runs fine. Not very convenient to say the least. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a workaround?

Thanks,

Harry

I don't use D2D, for obvious reasons, but I never found it very inconvenient to right click and disable something running in the tray. :)

You list version 4.10 for Backup MyPC. The version that came with EMC 8 is 6.0. Is this an old version you had previously? If so, that might be the problem.

I'm not even sure version 4 was set up to run on Win XP.

If you decide to go to the new version, be aware that backups made with ver 4 may not be able to be read with ver 6.

Marlin

Since you mentioned the version concern, I double checked by doing a help about and it is 6.0. I had obtained the orignal version from the file pointed to in the program link in the start menu

"C:\Program Files\Sonic\Backup MyPC 6\sbewin32.exe" when you right click and do properties the version is 4.10.77.2 - sorry for the confusion

To GrandpaBruce - thanks for the reply and no I suppose right clicking and exiting a program from the system tray is not a big deal, of course you only know to do that when BackupMyPC kicks the disk out a time or two saying it is invalid to which you put it back in and hit continue until you realize Drag to Disk is running and then you right click, exit it and put the disk in yet again. It also isn't difficult for programmers to check for this conflict and resolve it, especially when they are both produced by the same company.

Harry

Thanks,

Harry

You list version 4.10 for Backup MyPC. The version that came with EMC 8 is 6.0. Is this an old version you had previously? If so, that might be the problem.

I'm not even sure version 4 was set up to run on Win XP.

If you decide to go to the new version, be aware that backups made with ver 4 may not be able to be read with ver 6.

Marlin

Archived