Sign in to follow this  
gramma

Photoshow 5 Cannot Be Reinstalled

Question

I had to reformat my hard drive recently, and was able to download the installation for Photoshow 5 from my account page on the Roxio site. I installed it without a problem, but it wasn't working correctly, in that I could not open my archived photoshow files, which showed up in the file window, but would not open. I received an error message stating that the files may be corrupted. They aren't since I was able to load them into Roxio Photoshow version 6 without problems. (I had saved them to an external drive, and reloaded them into my documents after I reformatted my drive.) I am running Vista Home Premium software, sp1. I also saw no link to download my shows from the show sharing site. I decided to try reinstalling the software, hoping any bugs would be removed. Big mistake! First, I noticed the desktop icon changed from a camera to a text page. Then, I was not asked for the product key, and when I tried to open the program, I recieved an error message that Photoshow 5 was not a win32 program, or something to that affect. I tried uninstalling the program, and reinstalling, but the same thing happened. I don't think I can restore my system, because when I checked the last restore point listed is the one for the installation of the Vista Service Pack. It doesn't list the installation of photoshow as a restore point. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can do a clean install without inadvertantly also uninstalling the Roxio Photoshow 6 software? Thank you.

1 answer to this question

I had to reformat my hard drive recently, and was able to download the installation for Photoshow 5 from my account page on the Roxio site. I installed it without a problem, but it wasn't working correctly, in that I could not open my archived photoshow files, which showed up in the file window, but would not open. I received an error message stating that the files may be corrupted. They aren't since I was able to load them into Roxio Photoshow version 6 without problems. (I had saved them to an external drive, and reloaded them into my documents after I reformatted my drive.) I am running Vista Home Premium software, sp1. I also saw no link to download my shows from the show sharing site. I decided to try reinstalling the software, hoping any bugs would be removed. Big mistake! First, I noticed the desktop icon changed from a camera to a text page. Then, I was not asked for the product key, and when I tried to open the program, I recieved an error message that Photoshow 5 was not a win32 program, or something to that affect. I tried uninstalling the program, and reinstalling, but the same thing happened. I don't think I can restore my system, because when I checked the last restore point listed is the one for the installation of the Vista Service Pack. It doesn't list the installation of photoshow as a restore point. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can do a clean install without inadvertantly also uninstalling the Roxio Photoshow 6 software? Thank you.

I was able to finally uninstall the program, then reinstall from my original disk. It worked.