• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spanned Disks fail on verification

dateix

Question

8 answers to this question

Thank you.

But I have some bad news. I have upgraded to 7.0.2 and everytime I open the software it crashes with in seconds of opening it.

I downloaded the update installed it and like I said it craches everytime I open it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

OK so I Delete all the Toast prefs and plist. That seemed to help.

But I need to make a copy of a DVD. After putting a DVD into the drive to make a copy of it Toast Crashed again. I created the DVD so there should not be any copyright protection on it.

Does 7.0.2 have an issue with copying DVD media?

Thanks for the help

This seems to be a common topic. I am running 7.0.2 soon to be upgraded to 7.1 but this issue isn't mentioned in the upgrade notes anyway so I will continue.

When spanning multiple disks, verification fails routinely around disk 4 and with the latest batch, after bailing out and starting over I can't even get disk 1 to pass verification. I am using Verbatim disks and a Pioneer burner installed in my G5.

Could it be just the disks or is there indeed a problem with Toast?

There is a bug in Toast that crashes when trying to parse some DVD for use in the media browser. Try selecting DVD-ROM format, drag and drop the files into Toast and save as disc image. If you have Popcorn, you can use it to copy the disc instead.

I think this will be fixed in the next update.

In addition to what I said above, I have noticed that at least some of the time when I get failures, at the bottom of the Toast window, it says "Writing Blah, Blah Part 3 of 10" when under the progress bar I see "Disc 1 of 10" It seems to me these two should jive and herein may lie a problem.

I did upgrade today to 7.1 with no change.

Archived