New User Needs Help Please, re: Music

tifburr

Question

First of all, thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post. I am a beginner and have offered to put my friend's daughters graduation DVD together. I managed to scan and crop pictures, put in blank color panels with text, and use some other cool features. I left the music part for the end because I heard that it would be difficult. There are 5 songs I need to import, 1 song is on a CD, 2 is on I-Tunes, and 2 I downloaded from walmart.com as MP3 files. I can't seem to get any of the songs to work, except for the song I have on CD. Do I have to buy all the CD's, which seems so very expensive, or is there a way of converting the I-tunes file and bypassing the copywrite problems with the songs I downloaded from Walmart. Geez Louise, I paid for the songs and wasn't expecting it to be a problem - time is ticking for me since I need it done by Friday. Please respond if you have some suggestions or email me at tifburr@comcast.net. Appreciate any advice I can get!

:)

TamiLee

4 answers to this question

You should be able to use iTunes to burn the music store downloads to an audio CD. Then you can import the music back from that CD to iTunes where it can be accessed with Motion Pictures. I don't know if the same will work with the WalMart mp3s, but give it a try.

You must use iTunes to burn the audio CDs; not Toast.

Just in case the copyright police are reading this, I'm only giving you this advice for a DVD you plan to keep for yourself and not give to anyone else who hasn't also legally acquired their own copies of this music.

Thank you - I'll keep you posted. Appreciate your help! TamiLee

I selected songs from Itunes and downloaded them to a CD-R but it is not working so I am assuming I need a CD-Audo. I am not familiar with Motion Pictures, but can I assume that I can bring the songs in through Media Import in the Roxio8 Program?

You should be able to use iTunes to burn the music store downloads to an audio CD. Then you can import the music back from that CD to iTunes where it can be accessed with Motion Pictures. I don't know if the same will work with the WalMart mp3s, but give it a try.

You must use iTunes to burn the audio CDs; not Toast.

Just in case the copyright police are reading this, I'm only giving you this advice for a DVD you plan to keep for yourself and not give to anyone else who hasn't also legally acquired their own copies of this music.

I selected songs from Itunes and downloaded them to a CD-R but it is not working so I am assuming I need a CD-Audo. I am not familiar with Motion Pictures, but can I assume that I can bring the songs in through Media Import in the Roxio8 Program?

In iTunes preferences you can choose what kind of CD you are burning from the iTunes tracks. You want an Audio CD and not one of the other options. That's the only way the copy protection can be removed from an iTunes Music Store track.

Archived