32 Tracks, how and why

hansenrh@cox.net

Question

EMC 8 Deluxe product literature indicates 32 tracks available. Can't find in Videowave where you can add more than the stardard 5-7 , also would appreciate any thoughts about when one would need/use 32. I have 3 audio clips (music) on the same track right now, so I'm not sure of the benefit of more tracks. Thanks,

4 answers to this question

EMC 8 Deluxe product literature indicates 32 tracks available. Can't find in Videowave where you can add more than the stardard 5-7 , also would appreciate any thoughts about when one would need/use 32. I have 3 audio clips (music) on the same track right now, so I'm not sure of the benefit of more tracks. Thanks,

For the Deluxe version, you need to do a lot of looking and checking of boxes on both the internal and external tracks, but all 32 are there. The 7 tracks mentioned for the Easy Media Creator 8 Suite, is incorrect. There are actually 14 tracks.

You may not have a need to use all 32 tracks, but little things like adding text to different areas on one picture or portion of a video is sweet!. Same goes for adding overlays.

I counted the tracks and found all 32 -

In "Normal" : Main Video, Native audio, 5 text tracks, 5 overlay tracks, 2 FX tracks, Music Track, Narration Track, and sound effects. =17

Internal tracks: 5 text tracks, 5 overlay tracks, 2 FX tracks, Music track, Narration track and sound track = 15

In the box that opens when you click on the icon that has the pluses and minuses, there are buttons to the right to add the additional tracks.

There is one transition set in MyDVD/Add slide show that uses several video tracks. It is the one that adds pictures one at a time while the others are still on the screen. I think it is called 2 X 2 extreme. I thank that would use at least four video tracks, I guess a 3 X 3 extreme would use more. :) Use that to create a short slide show and then edit it in VideoWave to see how it is set up. Others have called something like this "The Brady Bunch" after an old TV show. To complex for my needs. :huh: If you do decide to try one with using all or almost all of the tracks, let us know how it comes out. I'd like to see it.

Darn, I typed too slow. Since three of us can find the tracks, there are there.

EMC 8 Deluxe product literature indicates 32 tracks available. Can't find in VideoWave where you can add more than the stardard 5-7 , also would appreciate any thoughts about when one would need/use 32. I have 3 audio clips (music) on the same track right now, so I'm not sure of the benefit of more tracks. Thanks,

Archived