• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"no Drive Detected"

jello

Question

:angry2: I recently purchased this product and having problems burning dvds. Everytime I open the copy program under burn image to disc, Number 2 says no drive detected. I had easy creator 5 (I think) but I deleted the program by mistake. Now I am trying to get my burner back I thought this product be would all that I need, appartently not. I have already done the PX engine download thing, does not help, I have uninstalled the driver, does not help. I just want my burner back, do I have to buy Easy Creater 2009 (99.99) to get things back to normal? If so, I will take the red box back. Please help me I just want my burner back! :unsure:

3 answers to this question

:angry2: I recently purchased this product and having problems burning dvds. Everytime I open the copy program under burn image to disc, Number 2 says no drive detected. I had easy creator 5 (I think) but I deleted the program by mistake. Now I am trying to get my burner back I thought this product be would all that I need, appartently not. I have already done the PX engine download thing, does not help, I have uninstalled the driver, does not help. I just want my burner back, do I have to buy Easy Creater 2009 (99.99) to get things back to normal? If so, I will take the red box back. Please help me I just want my burner back! :unsure:

Does Windows recognize your drive? Does it show any issues when you check it in Device Manager?

Which version of the pxengine did you try? If it was the v4 one, try the following one.

**** PX Engine 3.0

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

Does Windows recognize your drive? Does it show any issues when you check it in Device Manager?

Which version of the pxengine did you try? If it was the v4 one, try the following one.

**** PX Engine 3.0

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

:D Thank you Larry that helped me alot. I did have the v4 version and it did not work but the 3.0 version works and I have my burner back. There is one more thing though, I keep losing my dvd/cd drive, what I mean is when I go to "my computer" the drive is not showing, so I have to restart the computer and then it is there. Why does it do that? I got another reply telling me to deleter the upper and lower filters I did that and it still loses the drive. It don't it constantly but it does do it after I use that drive after a few times.

Had same problem go to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461 and follow directions on screen but BE VERY CAREFUL--one mistake and u could screw up your computer.

It worked for me

Thanks for the info however I had done that before already, I knew about that, and it was still doing it. So I ended up doing what Larry said and doing what you said and then I unistalled that program restarted the computer and reinstalled that program. So far so good, I have my burner back.