Possible Threat ?

martyn58

Question

I recently did a virus scan of my Roxio Creator 2009 CD and a threat was found called "Trojan-Downloader.Agent!sd6".

I am using PC Tools Internet Security.

It was only discovered because I copied the CD to my hard drive as part of a re-install procedure.

Is this a genuine threat or a false alarm?

8 answers to this question

I just scanned my Creator 2009 Ultimate disc with Kaspersky, and it came up negative. Your false positive could well be a comment from PC Tools on the Google toolbar, but there'll be nothing Viral in there. :)

I approve of Sonic adding useful things such as DVDInfo Pro, Disc Copier, and Creator Classic, but the Google Toolbar? :unsure:

I have now scanned the CD using Kaspersky and it has come up clean. Now I do know what a false positive is!!

Thanks to all for assistance

Martyn :rolleyes:

Any idea which folder it was located in? I have my installation CD loaded to the hard drive and it's clean by my antivirus software scans.

I would run a removal tool proto!

False Positive!

Roxio doesn't stamp DVD's with viruses in them…

Run the removal tool and you will wreck the install!

Any idea which folder it was located in? I have my installation CD loaded to the hard drive and it's clean by my antivirus software scans.

I would run a removal tool proto!

Hi

The virus was located in the Google Toolbar folder.

I am going to scan the CD using Kaspersky to if that locates the same virus>

Martyn

Hi

The virus was located in the Google Toolbar folder.

I am going to scan the CD using Kaspersky to if that locates the same virus>

Martyn

I just scanned my Creator 2009 Ultimate disc with Kaspersky, and it came up negative. Your false positive could well be a comment from PC Tools on the Google toolbar, but there'll be nothing Viral in there. :)

I approve of Sonic adding useful things such as DVDInfo Pro, Disc Copier, and Creator Classic, but the Google Toolbar? :unsure:

Archived